Are you an inspirational leader with vision and capabilities and the motivation to succeed?
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who will bring innovation, energy and expertise to support the vision and delivery of Medway’s ambitious plans.
Created into a unitary area just 25 years ago, we are hugely proud of the massive transformation programme that has seen Medway become an economic success story and one of the most promising growth areas in the UK, laying the foundations for a firm future for our residents and communities.
Medway’s vision is simple. Over the next 20 years Medway will be the most successful area of economic regeneration in the south-east, creating growth for all. A place which people love and are proud of - a great place to live, work, learn and visit.
To undertake the role of Chief Executive and Head of Paid Service in accordance with the Local Government and Housing Act 1989, in order that the council complies with its statutory duties, powers and responsibilities. This comprises the following:
- The provision of strategic leadership, direction and management throughout the authority in order to deliver high-quality services to the community;
- Providing effective leadership and management, ensuring the council works in strong partnership with local people to strengthen communities and effect change;
- Working closely with the leader, the cabinet, management team and strategic managers ensuring the achievement of the council’s aspirations for the community and Council Plan ambitions;
- Represent, promote and act as an advocate for the council locally, regionally and nationally;
- Harnesses exemplar governance arrangements, ensuring a closely aligned political and managerial partnership, focused tightly on delivery of strategic objectives and performance.
If you have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information or wish to have an informal discussion, please contact our Chief Organisational Culture Officer, Samantha Beck-Farley (email@example.com) 07950 251059 or our Head of Talent and Development: Joanne Budd (firstname.lastname@example.org) 01634 334094.
Member panel shortlisting - w/c 16 January 2023
Final selection and assessment - w/c 13 February 2023
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, family commitments, sexual orientation, age, HIV status, religious or political beliefs, social class or trade union activity or irrelevant spent conviction.
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.