- Employer: Hertfordshire County Council
- Reference: HCC20421
- Published: Thu 29/12/2022, 14:32 PM
- Closing on: Sat 31/05/2025, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Evenings, Full Time, Nights, Weekends
- Hours: 37 hours per week, Including weekends. Sleep In allowances are paid at £40 per night. There are opportunities to work additional hours and overtime across the Service.
- Salary: £30,151 with the opportunity to progress to £32,909 per annum plus 6% market enhancement. Sleep In allowances are paid at £40 per night. There are opportunities to work additional hours and overtime across the Service.
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Welwyn Garden City, Watford , Stevenage , Hertford, Baldock Library, Hertfordshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Senior Residential Child Care Worker
The perfect environment for children – and your ambition
The Children’s Residential Services team at Hertfordshire is renowned for its open and innovative culture. There are no bad ideas here. It is the perfect place to develop your career working with the most vulnerable children.
Reporting to Home Manager, your main focus will be on providing nurturing therapeutic care to children who’ve experienced traumatic life experiences. Day-to-day, that could mean coordinating cooking and cleaning routines, administering medication and arranging school runs, activities and appointments – as well as preparing child-centred reports, chairing meetings, and speaking at court cases.
It’s shift-based, with late, weekend, Bank Holiday and sleep-in duties. And naturally, we’ll look for you to ensure the home meets legislation, including Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards, HCC policies. Ultimately, you’ll be one of the home’s influential champion: leading shifts, supervising care and non-care staff, and giving colleagues the support they need to thrive.
We’re looking for a Level 4-qualified Children, Young Person and Family Practitioner (or equivalent) with a solid background in residential work. A natural leader and resilient personality, you’ll also have a palpable drive to make a difference for the children in your care. It’s also important that you have a full driving licence and access to a car.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.