- Employer: Bracknell Forest Schools
- Reference: Pri/23/223716
- Published: Tue 03/01/2023, 10:43 AM
- Closing on: Sun 19/02/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Part Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: Teacher Pay Scales
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Bracknell Forest Schools, Berkshire
Primary Early Career Teachers
Are you currently training to become a teacher? We have outstanding opportunities for you to start your career in our great schools providing excellent professional development and support in your induction years and beyond.
We are a small, innovative local authority that offers early career teachers exceptional career choices in our maintained schools and academies. We recognise that to invest in you is essential to the young learners you teach.
You will follow a managed induction programme supported by your personal mentor, to encourage you to reach your full potential throughout your career.
Our schools look for individuals who have the ability and imagination to inspire and challenge the children they teach to energise them to achieve their potential.
We recognise that to invest in you is essential to the young learners you teach.
What we offer:
Our well-resourced schools provide the setting for you to flourish and develop, and can offer:
- training developed in line with changing requirements and feedback from previous ECTs to form structured, professional but fun sessions enabling interaction and the ability to network with other ECTs.
- excellent and ongoing support and training at the start of your teaching career and into subsequent years, including courses for those who aspire to and are recognised in their own school as potential leaders.
- the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from other schools in Bracknell Forest
Unlike with some agency placements, as an employee of a Bracknell Forest maintained school you receive pay in line with Teacher’s National Pay Conditions, this includes:
- London Weighting (fringe)
- Pay throughout school holidays
- Sick pay/maternity pay
- Pension scheme
- Option for July start for some ECTs
- Flexible staff benefits scheme including childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme including lifestyle savings
Bracknell Forest run two rounds of applications and interviews for the primary ECT Pool.
To be included in this pool your application needs to be submitted no later than midnight, Sunday 19 February 2023.
Jobs for Early Career Teachers are advertised from January onwards so please register with us early for the widest choice of jobs.
Shortly after each closing date and a shortlisting process you will be invited for an initial interview. This general interview will allow you to expand on your application by demonstrating your strengths and knowledge and enable us to identify suitable posts for you. All initial interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
Once successful in this initial interview, your application will be circulated to all Bracknell Forest primary schools in who have suitable vacancies for you to consider.
Individual schools interested in your application and with vacancies to match your skill set and preferences, will then contact you directly and invite you for a school visit and a second interview. You will get to choose which school you work in.
Many of our schools choose to use our Pool Systems to fill autumn term vacancies suitable for ECTs – easier for the schools and easier for you.
ECT Recruitment - Bracknell Forest Council - Time Square, Market Street, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1JD - Tel: 01344 354005