About the Sustainable Growth & Opportunities Directorate (SGO)
SGO as a Directorate of Lambeth Council, is at the heart of driving positive change for our residents and businesses in Lambeth; whether that’s creating new homes, new work or creative spaces, employment opportunities, or tackling the climate emergency.
SGO is made up of three divisions, including Economy, Culture and Skills (ECS); Planning, Transport & Sustainability (PTS); and the Regeneration Growth & Housing (RGH) divisions.
Sitting within the ECS division, the Operations & Innovation (O&I) is the newly formed City Infrastructure team, with a focus on ensuring that the right infrastructure is delivered to support growth in the borough and on monitoring non-financial planning obligations. This is one of four teams in this area.
We are looking for an experienced infrastructure/planning obligations professional to join our newly formed City Infrastructure Team. You will work with the City Infrastructure Lead to introduce and maintain effective monitoring mechanisms for non-financial planning obligations including Affordable Housing, Affordable Workspace and other key infrastructure. You will line manage an Infrastructure Analytics Officer and have a varied workload including engaging with key external stakeholders and internal service areas and working with developers to oversee the delivery of infrastructure and other benefits secured through the planning process. You will also develop and maintain close working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, in order to facilitate the flow of information, encourage collaboration and cooperation to maximise the benefits arising from new developments and to align infrastructure provision with residents’ priorities and projects identified in other strategies. This is a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking team and help design new systems, suggest improvements as well as add value where you can see benefit.
- Experience of S106 monitoring functions
- Experience in developing and maintaining partnerships with a range of different organizations including public and private sector (experience of working with Registered Providers would be an advantage)
- An understanding of the role of S106 Agreements in securing affordable housing, affordable workspace, public realm and other planning obligations
- An understanding of the development process from conception through to completion
- Experience of dealing with the general public in a pragmatic, professional and friendly manner – with the ability to diffuse difficult scenarios
- Excellent communications skills: you are positive and able to engage others both above and below you with a naturally tolerant, pragmatic manner
- Strong engagement skills: you build trust with others and develop positive, collaborative working relationships with other stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Collaborative: You are unafraid to learn from and share learnings in a relaxed manner
- Open to change: are adaptable, curious, with a flexible, positive attitude that isn’t afraid to try new things
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and 35h working week
- 26 days holiday entitlement (rising to 34) with the opportunity to work flexibly to gain up to 2 flexi days per month
- Hybrid working (currently up to 3 days/week working from home)
- Professional learning and development
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- The opportunity to be part of an evolving service and opportunities to input into exciting innovative projects
For an informal chat or further information on the role please contact Magda Kotyza, MKotyza@lamebeth.gov.uk, T. 020 7926 1270.
Click the 'Apply Online' button below and complete an online application form.
Job Description & Person Specification
Interviews and short tests to be held shortly thereafter.
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all and is committed to safer recruitment.
Please note we operate an anonymised application process. If you are uploading your CV or a personal statement, please remove your personal details and replace these with your unique candidate application number.
We are a Stonewall diversity champion; a Living Wage Employer and we guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria of the role. Please click here for a full list of our accreditations.