Head of Housing Solutions
About the role
In this fast-paced role you will be the Strategic lead for the Council’s homeless service and allocation of social housing within the Borough. You will be responsible for setting and improving service standards and ensuring the Council provide lawful advice as part of a positive approach to preventing homelessness.
This is a small Local Authority where you have the opportunity and resources to make a life changing difference to people in unsuitable housing or homeless.
We are a passionate team who care about our residents and the service we provide, you will be joining a supportive, friendly Housing service. As the Head of Housing Solutions, you will:
- Join a successful Housing Management Team committed to excellent services
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of 16 people
- Undertake statutory Section 202 reviews
- Lead on the publication and implementation of an effective Allocation Scheme and Homelessness & Rough Sleeping Strategy
- Provide 1-2-1 support and performance development for two Managers ensuring this is cascaded effectively though the team
- Proactively build exceptional working relationships with partners, colleagues and the voluntary sector
- Make funding applications to enable extend our services.
- Ensure that your service is legally compliant, customer focussed and proactive.
Runnymede is an ambitious, passionate, and progressive council with a forward- thinking attitude and award-winning departments. As a Borough Council, we are committed to our four core values and goals which we demonstrate through our ongoing policies and projects. We are always keen to improve our services and welcome innovative and proactive individuals who are open minded and have a positive approach in supporting our vision.
- Hybrid working 3 days in the office, 2 days working from home
- Flexible working 7am-7pm (Core hours are 10-11.30am & 2.30pm-4pm) and Flexi-leave
- 28 Days annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays and 1 extra day at Christmas.
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Subsidised cafe on site
- Training and development opportunities
- Payment of one professional membership per annum
- Cycle to work + further related discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Health and Dental insurance plan after 3 years’ service
- Mileage allowance
If you are a capable and motivated person who is committed to excellent customer service, this may be the opportunity for you.
How to apply
For more information on the role and to apply please visit: Runnymede Borough Council Jobs | Surrey Jobs
We are passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from candidates with a variety of backgrounds, skills and abilities. If it is difficult for you to apply online, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01932 425516/01932 425527 who will be able to assist you.
For an informal chat about this role please contact Maggie Ward, Head of Housing Services & Business Planning on 01932 425830 or email@example.com
Closing date: 01 February 2023
Interviews to be held w/c 13 February 2023
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for considering Runnymede Borough Council.