About Barnet Council:
Barnet is a borough with much to be proud of. Our excellent schools, vibrant town centres, vast green spaces, and diverse communities all help make it a wonderful place to live and work. As a council we want to build on these strengths as we move into the future. We are growing and developing as an organisation to meet the challenges facing our borough and we are committed to working with partner organisations and residents to make Barnet even better. As an organisation, our staff are committed to Our Values: Caring, Learning to Improve, Inclusive, Collaborate
We are excited to be launching an organisational programme to change our Finance, HR and Programme systems putting our users at the heart of the delivery. The programme fully launches in November 2022 and will deliver the programme in phases between March 2024- August 2024.
About The Role:
With Barnet’s current Integra system contract coming to an end, we have an opportunity to overhaul our key back-office functions re-wiring our business processes, enhancing the user experience, and providing better access to data.
In order to deliver this ambitious Programme for the Council, we are looking to onboard an experienced ERP Technical Finance SME with a proven track record of delivering similar programmes for other UK Local Authorities. By nature, the SME will have public sector finance and project management experience. The post holder will be working in the Finance work stream and will be the SME leading the Chart of Account Design and implementation including hierarchy design and approvals. The post holder will support the Finance Project manager and other SME’s to achieve a successful delivery of the Oracle Solution.
This position will be based at Colindale but will include remote working.
- Experience of successfully delivering ERP Programmes for similar sized Councils
- Proven experience at SME Level
- Significant experience of leading end to end ERP transformation and implementations
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, delegate and execute tasks effectively
- Able to lead and engage the organisation and run all aspects of their work stream
- Experience in persuading stakeholders to work together, encouraging an organisational focus on the needs of the community
- Strong interpersonal and communication and presentation skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences both horizontally and vertically, technical and non-technical
- Significant experience of implementing and maintaining a robust finance IT systems control environment ensuring that all reconciliations and postings are carried out to timetable and an appropriate standard
- Significant practical experience in maintaining financial records and undertaking complex reconciliations.
- Experience with system integration, improvement and modernization
- Experience of working effectively in an area with competing demands and tight timescales