Closing date - 12th February 2023
Interview date - 27th February 2023
This post will be subject to a DBS check.
Do you have previous experience working in a customer facing role in a social housing environment? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
Winchester City Council is looking for a Homeownership Officer who will support the Homeownership Services Manager to provide a professional housing management service to the Authorities homeownership portfolio ensuring obligations of the leases/transfers and the statutory obligations of the applicable Acts are met.
The key responsibilities of a Homeownership Officer include, but are not limited to:
- First point of contact for RTB applicants, shared owners, leaseholders, Partnered Home Purchase, Assured Short hold Tenants and freeholders
- To be responsible for processing notice of charge, notice of assignment, deed of covenant and applications for landlord's consent
- Preparing responses to pre-assignment and re-mortgage enquiries and the administration of completion statements ensuring that service charge revenue is secured
- Calculate S125 service charge and improvement costs for all new RTB sales for approval by the Homeownership Services Manager.
- To generate, calculate and process direct debits and accounting adjustments for homeownership accounts on Orchard and process any unpaid direct debits in line with set policies and procedures
- Process lease extensions and liaise with valuers and both external and internal solicitors
- Assist the Homeownership Services Manager in the annual calculation of estimated and actual service charges
- To undertake day to day administration for homeownership management as required
- To issue annual notices and market valuations for all shared ownership and leasehold properties in line with current legislation
- To assist with the implementation and management of policies and procedures for homeownership services
Winchester City Council manages a wide variety of services. We have responsibility for planning, housing, waste collection, Council Tax and Business Rates collection, leisure services, tourism, benefits administration and many more services.
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- Casual car user allowance
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- 25 days annual leave per year (pro rata) rising to 32 days - dependent on length of service
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking (subject to contract)
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for continuous professional development
The key skills and qualities of a Homeownership Officer are:
- Professional Certificate and or Diploma in Housing or equivalent qualification.
- Educated to A Level standard (or equivalent)
- Excellent written and numeracy skills
- At least two years’ experience working in a customer facing role
- At least two years’ experience working in a social housing environment
- Must be able to meet the travel requirements of the post