Liverpool City Council is looking to recruit a Service Analyst to work within its ICT Service. The role will form an integral part of an expanding team supporting the City as it implements a wide range of improvement plan projects, at the heart of which will be the delivery of best-in-class ICT systems and services. the post is fixed term to cover a vacancy to help with implementing the outcome of the best value inspection.
The post will be required up to August 2024 and in that time, you will play a key role in designing and implementing service designs and ICT support arrangements as well as supporting business analysis activities to ensure ICT systems meet and exceed customer requirements and deliver the best possible outcomes for our service users. You will be part of a small team and work on a hybrid home/office basis with occasional travel within the City to attend meetings or workshops.
- Liaise with service users, suppliers, and internal ICT resources to design and document service support arrangements for ICT projects and programmes.
- Support the transition of ICT services from design into the live environment, ensuring these services meet customers’ requirements and deliver business benefits.
- Carry out business analysis activities to ensure service users receive the best possible ICT solutions. Activities will include, for instance, documenting customer requirements, mapping and re-engineering business processes, carrying out gap analysis activities and cost / benefit analysis.
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to assess the effectiveness of ICT systems and look for opportunities to improve and develop solutions to meet changing business needs.
- Carry out post implementation reviews of ICT systems to assess their effectiveness, review functionality and performance against requirements as well as assessing business benefits.
What you’ll need
- You must have experience of working in a digital environment.
- You will be expected to work with cross-functional teams with competing priorities and business drivers.
- You will possess strong analytical skills.
- You will be able to demonstrate attention to detail when completing documentation and presenting findings.
- You will have experience of facilitating, hosting, and presenting meetings and workshops with key stakeholders including senior management.
- You will have worked in or around ICT support services.
- You will have experience of carrying out business analysis activities such as business process mapping and documenting requirements.
- You will have a good understanding of digital transformation and organisational change.
If you would like any further information about the role or the team, please contact Mark Hulme, Head of the ICT Projects & Programmes on email@example.com or 07900700929.
To apply for this post, please submit your CV and supporting statement that outlines how you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acknowledgement of receipt will be confirmed.