The London Borough of Bexley is looking for someone to take the lead role in developing and delivering our digital strategy. This goes further than our website and intranet; it includes e-forms, automation of business and customer processes, improving customer journeys and helping to develop other e-communications initiatives.
The importance of our digital presence through our website and associated portals continues to grow. More and more residents choose to use it to find information, access Council services and make payments. We have some exciting future projects and our ambition is to continue the customer journey work that we have started; putting the residents digital experience at the centre of our service redesign.
Following GDS principles, accessibility and user experience design skills are central to making sure that our residents digital experience with us is first class, helping to drive the Council’s agenda to encourage more people to transact with us online.
You must have experience of managing a high performing digital team that are supporting significant business change. You will have been involved in the digital side of information management for a large organisation.
Working to an agile methodology, you will be a business enabler with a track record of delivering. This role is pivotal for the Council and you will be expected to use your personal drive and credibility to engage with internal and external customers.
We will also need you to have a solid understanding of GDS best practice in web development, including User Experience (UX) design principles, responsive design and the importance of W3C standards for accessibility.
What we offer:
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,598 per annum
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- View more about our employment deal
For further information please contact James Scott on 020 3045 4350 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers