Watford is an urban borough in South West Hertfordshire; The borough has excellent transport links with mainline rail connections to London. Watford is the centre of a sub region serving around 500,000 people living within a 20-minute travelling time catchment. As part of the London commuter belt Watford is strongly influenced by London which brings the benefits of a buoyant economy.
At a Glance:
- £1.4bn local investment happening – mix of public and private funding
- 5 major development and regeneration projects happening
- 3500 registered businesses
- Higher than average working age population
- Skilled workforce
- Affordable local housing market
- Home to many major international head offices
- Pension scheme with generous employer contribution
- Flexible working
- Career development opportunities
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Employee volunteering schemes
- Access to a branded shopping discounts platform and discounted activities and days out
This is a terrific opportunity for a RICS or ACABE accredited surveying professional to join our first-rate local authority and contribute to our architectural heritage.
With significant interest and investment into the regeneration of the area, no two days will be the same as you apply your expertise and knowledge to some of the most exciting building developments shaping our skyline.
What’s more, with our excellent benefits package and friendly team, we can offer you an excellent work-life balance, ensuring you are fulfilled across your endeavours.
This is a permanent position.
As a Building Control Surveyor, you will ensure that all buildings and developments across Watford meet building regulations.
You will provide expert advice to building professionals, developers and homeowners on building requirements as laid out in the 1984 Building Act and Building Regulations 2010.
Conducting site inspections to ensure compliance with building regulations, you will enforce unauthorised building and, where necessary, remove structures that pose a threat to the public.
Additionally, you will oversee and support the professional development of trainee surveyors within the Building Control Team.
To be considered as Building Control Surveyor, you will need:
- Chartered membership of RICS or ACABE
- A minimum of two years' Building Control experience including working in the field or similar surveying practice
- Expert knowledge of building regulations, approved documents and associated guidance
- Knowledge of building technology, techniques and building practice
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- At minimum, a degree (or equivalent) in building surveying or building control surveying (or similar)
For an informal discussion please contact Manager Sean Peschiera.
Other organisations may call this role Building Surveyor, Measured Building Surveyor, Construction Surveyor, Building Inspector, or Land and Building Surveyor.
Webrecruit and Watford Borough Council are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you can help us ensure building developments in Watford are safe as a Building Control Surveyor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.