We are currently looking for someone to take a key role in developing and supporting Bexley’s financial systems, income management system and forecasting, budgeting and reporting tools as well as interfaces to and from these systems.
The Finance Systems Support & Development Lead will work with stakeholders across the business with various projects including routine upgrades, maintenance, automation, process improvement and streamlining financial processes.
This is a permanent position.
The Finance Systems Development Lead will
- Support the development, implementation, documentation, and administration of the organisation's financial systems.
- Drive continuous improvement in systems, processes, and policies.
- Support users of finance systems providing specialist knowledge of business systems and processes.
- Ensure audit, security and GDPR compliance
- Maintain smooth running of the finance systems with minimal interruption to the service
Some of the duties will include:
- Supported by the Financial Systems Manager and the Systems Accountant, help deliver development and improvement work in line with the systems roadmap
- Ensure regular systems upgrades are tested, delivered and the end users trained to use new functionality.
- Enhance the efficiencies of finance activities, methodologies, and environments, working in partnership with IT, Finance and external resource as appropriate
- Maintenance of finance system data structures, e.g., chart of accounts, hierarchies, customer and supplier accounts, user accounts, budget data etc
- Manage timely resolution of system issues
- Deliver in partnership with supplier and 3rd party contractors
What we offer:
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,598 per annum
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- View more about our employment deal
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
The Financial Systems Team is part of the broader ICT & Digital Team which has responsibility for several of the Council’s key systems as well as core ICT services and the Council’s website and digital presence.
For further information please contact James Scott on 020 3045 4350 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers or connect with Bexley Careers on LinkedIn