Directorate: Children's Services
Starting salary: JG7: £31,099/JM1:- £37,261 per annum
Location: Based in Weston-super-Mare
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 08 February 2023
“Working to prevent youth offending and to enhance community safety”
North Somerset Youth Offending Service is a successful partnership between North Somerset Council, Police, Probation, Health Integrated Care Board, Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and other agencies. It works with those young people subject to statutory youth justice interventions (including youth conditional cautions, community orders and custodial sentences) and young people at risk of offending on diversionary preventative bases; and provides services to carers, families and victims.
This is a half time permanent post based in Weston-super-Mare, however, there is the option for some home working dependent on business needs. Some evening/weekend work will be required e.g. for occasional Court cover. Should the successful candidate be interested in any additional hours/full time post this may be a possible due to other pending vacancies in other teams in the YOS.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Case manage and deliver court ordered interventions to young people and their families
- Prepare reports for Court and Panels and undertake Court duties and restorative justice work which includes addressing the needs of victims
- Develop intervention plans based on assessment of risk and need
You will need:
- An approved professional qualification such as social work, education, probation or youth work
- Knowledge and experience relevant to work with young people who offend
- Skills to assess and address attitudes, behaviour and criminogenic need
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Mike Rees on 01275 888360.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.