- Employer: Downshall Primary School
- Reference: Pri/23/227148
- Published: Mon 30/01/2023, 15:45 PM
- Closing on: Tue 28/02/2023, 9:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 32.5 hours per week
- Salary: ISR L12 - L16
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Downshall Primary School, Redbridge
Required September 2023
Downshall Primary is part of the very successful New Vision Trust and serves a vibrant multicultural community situated within easy reach of excellent transport links to central London. At the last OFSTED inspection it was graded “good” and the school is in the top 20% of schools nationally for pupil progress. This is an exciting time to join the staff at Downshall Primary School where the successful post holder will be able to play a direct role in the future development and improvements within the school.
Our new Deputy Headteacher will:
- Know how to continue our quest to raise standards for all children;
- Lead professional development of all staff;
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner with experience across all Key Stages and particularly upper KS2;
- Inspire and lead our subject leaders in implementing our ambitious curriculum;
- Ensure our assessment and tracking practice impacts positively on our provision and pupil outcomes.
What makes Downshall the place you want to be?
- The New Vision Trust works collaboratively and is at the forefront of educational innovation due to its connections with the lead school of a DfE nationally funded English Hub and Maths Hub.
- Our Deputy Headteacher will be part of a collaborative and outstanding leadership network across the New Vision Trust.
- Coaching from an experienced Headteacher and a supportive leadership team which creates the ideal opportunity for the new Deputy Headteacher to develop their leadership skills and gain their NPQH
- Wonderful children who are motivated and eager to learn and succeed.
An application pack is available to download from our school website www.downshallprimary.co.uk.
The Closing date for applications is Tuesday 28th February 2023 at 9 a.m.
Interviews will take place on 7th March 2023.
We sincerely hope that candidates will take the time to visit our school and have a first hand experience of our friendly and welcoming pupils in our positive learning environment. To arrange a visit please contact the school office.
Downshall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population.