- Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: People/23/227213
- Published: Tue 31/01/2023, 11:43 AM
- Closing on: Thu 20/04/2023, 9:58 AM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Weekends
- Hours: 8 hour per day - 2 weekends a month
- Salary: FTE £25,878 - £31,099 + LWA £663 pro rata for hours worked
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Forestcare, Waterside Park, Berkshire
Emergency Response Officer - Relief (part time, 2 weekends per month)
Emergency Response Officer – Relief Staff Weekends (8 hour days - 2 weekends a month)
Forestcares Mission is to achieve excellence in the delivery of a new, and enhanced 24-hour emergency response to vulnerable people in crisis living in Bracknell, as well as to others within Berkshire. We strongly believe in person centred care. We strive to enable our customers to live independently, supported and cared for at their time of greatest need.
We want all our customers to be able to live their lives to the full. Our Emergency Response Officers are central to that aim by supporting people in their own homes, as well as in residential settings. You’ll be given the time you need to deliver exceptional customer service and support – we’re known for our high standards. Along the way, you’ll have the support and training you need to thrive. We’ll help you to be at your best, so we can be at ours.
- Dominic was on the floor for a brief amount of time before Forestcare entered his home and lifted him off the floor. You can be the hero.
- Sarah is never alone, when she feels unhappy, or needs a friendly voice, she simply presses her emergency lifeline and receives immediate support.
- Since Fred lost his mobility, he can no longer support himself and relies on routine daily care. Installation of a Forestcare Keysafe and Emergency Lifeline has made this possible.
- We’re passionate about communicating with our community. Start a new chapter in your career and be part of our award-winning story.
- Can you grow within a team to provide support to thousands of people at the push of a button? If you enjoy a challenge look no further.
We are very excited to announce a vacancy for a Relief Emergency Response Officer at Forestcare. This role is based in a busy Control Centre assisting our customers to feel safe whilst adopting a person-centred approach. This includes dealing with emergency alarm calls from lifeline customers, responding to emergency personal care calls and out of hours telephone calls. This role provides variety as we strive to provide emergency assistance to residents within multiple authorities and organisations.
This opportunity requires flexibility and a willingness to attend to clients in the community, as well as being a first responder to ensure the safety and security of council property. Forestcare staff attend to customers who have fallen in the community. Staff must be methodical as we provide and maintain lifesaving equipment to vulnerable people in their homes. From time to time our service users require a helping hand in order to live independently and cope. Staff at Forestcare attend and assist people during their greatest time of need.
We need someone who can keep calm under pressure whilst providing impeccable customer service. A polite, caring telephone manner is essential. We are looking for someone who will go the extra mile to ensure that we have satisfied customers.
What it's like working in our team...
At Forestcare no two days are the same. Working in a busy office environment, our team members care and support over 3,0000 service users in all walks of life. Your decisions will have a major effect on the quality of life for many people daily. Support varies from call to call and could be as simple as ensuring a person’s carers are attending at the agreed time. On the other hand, you may need to action the emergency services to assist a customer in the midst of a crisis.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- Monitoring community lifeline alarms and residents’ alarms in sheltered accommodation.
- Monitor lone worker alarms to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff working within Bracknell Forest Council and other Local Authorities
- Be the contact point for Bracknell Forest Council, and partner agencies, emergencies outside of normal office hours.
- Respond to emergency homecare requests and provide personal care and assistance in individuals own homes.
- Participate in all appropriate internal/external training as identified through the supervision and appraisal system and utilise the skills and knowledge gained to improve services to individuals.
The benefits you will experience are...
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
In order to provide the highest standard of customer service we are looking for the following characteristics:
- Ability to relate to and empathise with vulnerable individuals.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to cope in difficult demanding situations.
- Flexible but consistent approach.
- Ability to liaise professionally with families and other agencies.
- Receptive to new ideas and able to accept changes.
- Motivated and able to use initiative.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
Interview date tbc
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Kevin May, Control Centre Team Manager
Tel. : 01344786500
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.