- Employer: Elmhurst Primary School
- Reference: Pri/23/227259
- Published: Wed 22/02/2023, 12:00 PM
- Closing on: Wed 22/03/2023, 17:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Term Time
- Hours: 32.5 hours per week
- Salary: Scale 3 qualified £17,581.85 pro rata
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Elmhurst Primary School, Newham
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in an ambitious school with wonderful children?
We are a four-form entry, outstanding primary school in East London with wonderful children who are keen to learn. We are ambitious for our pupils and believe in developing the whole child. We teach our children to achieve high academic standards, as well as enabling them to win debating competitions, act in Shakespearian plays and enjoy art visits to Venice, Rome and Amsterdam. Elmhurst is a respected National Teaching School and lead school of an English Hub and Maths Hub, providing excellent training opportunities for our own support staff and teachers and others across London. We are part of the New Vision Trust, which is a dynamic MAT of good and outstanding schools. Our school site includes bespoke training rooms and excellent classroom accommodation.
This is a great opportunity for intelligent, hardworking and motivated people to join our friendly staff. You will be part of a highly valued support team who make a significant contribution to our calm and stimulating learning environment.
The successful candidates will have:
- Excellent communication, people skills and initiative
- High standards of literacy and numeracy (minimum ‘A’ level or level 3 standard equivalent but graduates are preferred)
- A professional manner and be smartly dressed
- The willingness to work flexibly and collaboratively as required
The role will involve working with classes, groups or on a 1-1 basis.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to sit a literacy and numeracy test as part of the interview process.
An enhanced DBS check is required before taking up the appointment.
Closing date: 22nd March 2023
Shortlisting and interviews to take place on a rolling basis. We are looking to fill the positions as soon as possible.
For technical enquires please call 020 8249 6946. For any other enquiries please contact Farida Mayat at email@example.com
Elmhurst Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to satisfactory DBS, qualification and reference checks.
This role is not exempt from ROA 1974. A self disclosure is required for this post. Please find the School's Safeguarding Policy attached for your attention.
NPW, managing recruitment on behalf of Newham Schools.