- Employer: Abbey School
- Reference: SS/23/227450
- Published: Wed 01/02/2023, 15:01 PM
- Closing on: Mon 17/04/2023, 9:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: £22,418- £26,250
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Chester , Cheshire
Residential Support Worker
We are building our staff teams in our residential provision ready to support our young people for when they start with us. We are currently seeking to appoint multiple enthusiastic, proactive and hard-working Residential Support Workers who are committed to improving outcomes for children and young people with SEN and/or disability and their families.
The role of residential support worker involves fully supporting the daily needs of our young people to deliver the highest quality of care to those who reside in Abbey Green Residential Setting.
This is a permanent, full-time post and we are seeking to appoint for a start date as soon as possible.
The post holder will:
- Work holistically as part of a team with education staff and families to plan, practice and collect evidence of progress within the 24- hour extended curriculum.
- Create a positive environment, reflective of the school’s culture and ethos.
- Work with pupils both individually and in small groups supporting them to overcome barriers to learning, providing positive behaviour support and delivering other focused interventions.
- Uphold Abbey School policies to protect and safeguard pupils and vulnerable adults in order to secure their health, safety and wellbeing.
- Competitive salary
- Suite of staff benefits including pension scheme
- Technology appropriate for your job
- Comprehensive staff training programme
- Access to WeCare which is a 24/7 online GP, mental health support service, get fit programme and much more.
- Access to MediCash program for wellbeing benefits
- High Staffing ratios
- The opportunity to shape and improve the life chances of pupils with a disability, and in so doing, extend the prospect of an improved quality of life for family members and others
For further information please download the Recruitment Pack below which contains a detailed job description and person specification. Candidates who are successfully invited to interview must meet all of the essential criteria listed in the person specification.
We welcome you to also visit our website https://www.abbeyschool.com/residential-support-worker/ for further information.
How to Apply
If you feel like you have the right qualities to join our exciting, innovative and exceptional school then please complete the school application form with a letter addressed to the Residential Care Manager, Miss Dawn Kervin. Please ensure that you provide details of your skills and experience necessary for this particular position in your letter or personal statement. Application forms and letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post to Abbey School, 10-11 Abbey Square, Chester, CH1 2HU.
Please complete an application form as soon as possible. This is an ongoing recruitment cycle to build our staff teams, and we encourage an application form to be completed and sent to us at your earliest convenience.
Please visit https://www.abbeyschool.com/residential-support-worker/ for further information.
Abbey School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of all pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The School will complete an online search for all shortlisted candidates. If any incidents or issues have happened that are publicly available online, the school may wish to explore this at interview.
Child safer recruitment procedures operate and the post is subject to references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure with barred list checks.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are ‘spent’ unless ‘protected’ under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, race, sex, pregnancy and maternity, marriage/civil partnerships, religion/belief, or sexual orientation.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.