- Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: People/23/227814
- Published: Fri 03/02/2023, 11:41 AM
- Closing on: Sun 30/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: Up to £475 per week, per child fostered
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Bracknell Forest , Berkshire
Full and part-time opportunities.
Bracknell (home based)
From c.£13,527-£27,670 per year, per child fostered (based on a child in placement 52 weeks of the year). Allowances are usually tax-free and vary dependent on the age of the child/children fostered and your experience.
Are you considering a new, flexible vocation? If you have a spare room and some experience with children, why not consider fostering and helping change children’s lives?
Bracknell Forest Fostering have several types of fostering opportunities available ranging part-time respite and emergency placements to caring from a young person full-time. You are able to state a preference on age of child or children you foster and you can be in a couple or single.
To be successful you’ll need to be a caring, empathetic and patient person, be committed to developing as a carer and have time to devote to one or more children. Moreover, you’ll need a flexible approach and willingness to undergo an assessment process with checks lasting approximately six months.
In addition, you must:
- have a spare bedroom (unfortunately we cannot support with finding larger accommodation)
- have some experience of caring for, parenting or working with children
- be in good general health
- have good spoken and written English language
- be financially secure enough to be able to bridge gaps in between placements
In return, we offer:
- Up to £475 per week, per child fostered (this is tax-free and does not usually affect other benefits you may be claiming)
- monthly visits from an experienced supervising social worker and guidance from family workers
- 24 hour telephone support
- excellent training and development opportunities
- respite relief/holiday cover when needed
- benefits and discounts for carers including free use of Coral Reef, leisure centres and the Look Out Discovery Centre
How to Apply
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.