- Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: People/23/227837
- Published: Fri 03/02/2023, 12:32 PM
- Closing on: Sun 30/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Part Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £21,968 to £25,409 plus £663 London Weighting
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Waymead, Berkshire
Generic Support Worker
Person centred, always putting the guests first delivering great care, enthusiastic and energetic, reliable and trustworthy - we have a can-do attitude! You’ll have time to do things right. Positive approach by all, for all.
We want to help our most vulnerable guests to get their lives firmly back on track. It’s why our support workers have the time to get to know everyone they work with.
We’re working towards protected caseloads. And we do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest Council!
What it’s like working in our team…
We are a small team who works closely together to make sure we are providing the best support to the individuals who use our service. Sometimes the work is challenging however there is also time for finding creative solutions and every day is different.
The role of the Generic Support Worker is to not only to support the Senior Support Workers in the day to day running of the services, but to be creative in what we can, as a service deliver.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To develop and support a wide range of interesting and socially inclusive activities for people using the Service.
- Implement the Policies and Procedures of the Department and of the individual Services/Teams.
- Ensure good communications within the whole LD service so that the service to individuals is coordinated and safe.
- Participate in all appropriate internal/external training as identified through the supervision and appraisal system and utilise the skills and knowledge gained to improve services to individuals.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
The ideal candidate will be able to relate to and empathise with individuals with a learning disability. You will know how to implement empowering risk management procedures.
You will also be a role model and demonstrate the Council’s values and beliefs. Receptive to new ideas and able to accept changes you will be motivated and able to use initiative.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and an interview offered at a mutually agreed time.
Bracknell Forest Council reserves the right to close this vacancy at an earlier date
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Sarah Faulkner, Provider Services Manager
Phone Number - 01344 353333
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please