- Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: People/23/227946
- Published: Fri 03/02/2023, 17:56 PM
- Closing on: Tue 11/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time
- Hours: 27 hours per week
- Salary: £21,968 - £25,409 FTE plus £663 FTE London Weighting; £16,030 - £18,541 plus £483 LW pro-rata for 27 hours per week
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Waymead, Berkshire
Generic Waking Night Support Worker
Person centred, always putting the guests first delivering great care, enthusiastic, reliable and trustworthy - we have a can-do attitude! You’ll have time to do things right. Positive approach by all, for all.
We want to help our most vulnerable guests to get their lives firmly back on track. It’s why our support workers have the time to get to know everyone they work with.
We’re working towards protected caseloads. And we do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest Council!
What it’s like working in our team…
We are a small team who works closely together to make sure we are providing the best support to the individuals who use our service. Sometimes the work is challenging however there is also time for finding creative solutions and every day is different.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Respond to person centred plans and, therefore, the needs and wishes of the individual which support personal comfort, dignity and well-being.
- Empowering and promoting and enabling personal development.
- Reflect and include individual risk management strategies
- Enable and support maximum involvement of the individual in all aspects of decision-making in relation to their own life.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
The ideal candidate will be able to relate to and empathise with individuals with a learning disability. You will know how to implement empowering risk management procedures.
You will also be a role model and demonstrate the Council’s values and beliefs. Receptive to new ideas and able to accept changes you will be motivated and able to use initiative.
Applications will be shortlisted upon receipt and interviews will be arranged at a mutally agreed time.
Bracknell Forest Council reserves the right to close this advert earlier, upon appointing a successful candidate.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Sarah Faulkner, Provider Services Manager
Phone Number - 01344 353333
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please