- Employer: Children’s Services
- Reference: CSE/23/228921
- Published: Mon 13/02/2023, 8:02 AM
- Closing on: Fri 31/03/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Part Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: JM1:- £34,723 per annum, pro rata
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset
More InformationMore about this employer
Social Worker, Children in Care
Directorate: Children's Services
Starting salary: JM1:- £34,723 per annum pro rata
Location: Based in Weston-super-Mare
Hours: Full time and part time hours available
Closing date: Friday 31 March 2023
The Children in Care team work with children under 18 who have a plan for long term care.
We have exciting opportunities for full time and part time social workers within the Children in Care Team. The team are responsible for supporting children who are placed in foster care, or with relatives and friends who are approved as long-term carers as well as residential care and supported accommodation. We focus on thoughtful, stable care for our children, informed by trauma and therapeutic parenting to help give children a sense of belonging, and strive to support our children in returning to their birth families where possible.
What do the Children in Care team do?
The team work hard to ensure children are looked after in a safe, nurturing and ambitious environment, supporting them to grow into confident adults and reach their full potential.
All children will have an allocated social worker. The social worker has responsibilities and duties to visit children where they live regularly, to ensure that their needs are met, and they are thriving in our care.
All children and young people in care will have a Care Plan that describes how their needs are being met. The Care Plan also identifies plans for family time with birth family and friends.
We ensure that we:
- promote permanence for children and young people so they have a safe and stable place to live
- promote and facilitate meaningful family time with family members and friends who are important to the child or young person
- spend time with our children and young people through direct work to help them understand why they are in care, including life story work and therapeutic parenting
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant social work qualification with post qualification experience and current SWE registration
- An expert understanding of the legislation and regulations of a multi-agency statutory children’s services
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High motivation, energy and personal drive, resilient and demonstrating highly developed emotional intelligence and self-awareness
If you would love to work for an authority that will genuinely love you back, apply today!
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of North Somerset and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Carrie Worth, Team Manager on 01934 421900.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.