- Employer: Folkestone & Hythe District Council
- Reference: H&O/23/229980
- Published: Wed 22/02/2023, 11:17 AM
- Closing on: Wed 31/05/2023, 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Weekends
- Hours: 37 hours per week, This role will consist of 4 days on, 4 days off working pattern between the hours of 07.30 - 17.30 with breaks.
- Salary: £10.87 per hour
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Civic Centre, Castle Hill Avenue, Folkestone, Kent CT20 2QY, Kent
Assistant Park Keeper
We are looking for a reliable, hardworking individual to join our team as an Assistant Park Keeper in the Local Authority. The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily maintenance and upkeep of the park, ensuring that it is a safe and enjoyable environment for the public.
The primary duties of the Assistant Park Keeper will include:
* Maintaining the garden areas of the park, including weeding, pruning, and planting.
* Driving the park vehicle to pick up supplies and transport materials.
* Litter picking and disposing of waste in a responsible and safe manner.
* Maintaining the sand areas of the park, including raking and filling any holes.
* Assisting in the setup and take down of special events.
* Assisting in the maintenance of the park's infrastructure, including playgrounds, benches, and pathways.
* Monitoring the park for any safety issues and reporting any concerns to the Park Keeper.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
* A valid driving licence.
* Reliability and the ability to work independently.
* Knowledge of garden maintenance and landscaping.
* Attention to detail and the ability to work in a timely manner.
* Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
* The physical fitness to carry out manual labour.
* A commitment to health and safety standards.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications. We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information please contact HRGO Recruitment on 01304 212 736 and speak to either Kat or Aimee.