- Employer: Norwood Primary
- Reference: NWP/23/230166
- Published: Thu 23/02/2023, 13:15 PM
- Closing on: Mon 20/03/2023, 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 32.5 hours per week
- Salary: MAIN SCALE 1 UP TO UPPER SCALE 3
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Norwood Primary School, Merseyside
Class Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Maternity cover Y5 Classroom Teacher
Full time – Maternity Cover (May 2023 – end of July 2023)
Scale: Main Scale 1 up to Upper Scale 3 (depending on experience)
Norwood is an oversubscribed and popular 3 form entry school with a clear vision for developing the experiences and opportunities for all children. In November 2022, we were graded GOOD again by OFSTED, who commented on what a happy and lively school we are.
The Governors of Norwood Primary School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed teacher for MAY 2023 to provide maternity cover for a Year 5 class for ½ a term.
We want someone who:
- Is you an excellent, enthusiastic, energetic and reflective Primary School teacher practitioner.
- Has the ability to teach to a very high standard, particularly in English and Maths.
- Demonstrates an ability to be innovative and creative in all areas of the curriculum.
- Is a team player as well as being able to lead and motivate others.
- Possesses excellent organisational and ICT skills
- Has evidence of a commitment to engaging and working with parents.
- Is willing to contribute fully to the life of the school by becoming involved in running clubs and supporting whole school events.
We can offer you:
- A very caring, happy and energetic school with well-behaved and enthusiastic children.
- An enthusiastic, hard-working and welcoming staff, who share good practice and work as part of a team.
- A modern well-resourced building with a unique and attractive environment.
- Opportunities and support for your professional development inside and outside school.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates.
This post is subject to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
Tour date: Tuesday 7th March at 4:00 pm
Closing date: Monday 20th March at 12:00 noon
Lesson observations and Interviews: week beginning Monday 27th March
Visits to the school are encouraged, please call the school to arrange an appointment with the Head Teacher.
The application pack (job description and person specification) is available from the school website.
Completed application forms are to be returned by post at the school address or by hand, marked for the attention of Mr. L. Dumbell (Head Teacher).