- Employer: Surrey Heath Borough Council
- Reference: FCS/23/230167
- Published: Thu 23/02/2023, 13:24 PM
- Closing on: Mon 27/03/2023, 23:58 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £32,570 - £42,660 per annum (plus £2,000 annual essential car allowance, £3,000 golden hello payment and Masters university course funding)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Surrey Heath House, Camberley, Hybrid Working, Surrey, Hampshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Career Grade - Planning Officer / Senior Planning Officer
Grade SH5/ SH6
Join Surrey Heath Borough Council and be part of an organisation who is committed to delivery through meaningful community engagement and excellent customer service. We have a friendly and supportive staff culture with people who want to help make a real difference in our community for everyone that lives and works here. We welcome a culture of innovation and creativity by welcoming new ideas from everyone.
About the Role
As part of a team your primary purpose will be to process planning applications so that the service can deliver its statutory duty. Additionally, you will undertake pre-application enquiries and, when the need arises, undertake appeal work and present at committee.
You may be a graduate, or you may already be working in a planning department or a local authority and looking to move up the career ladder. We will support you with obtaining Chartered RTPI Membership. This includes APC mentorship and, if required, funding and supporting you with a Masters university course.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess knowledge of development management and the planning process.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Be a highly motivated person, possessing ambition and drive.
- Be personable, be willing to learn, demonstrate a flexible attitude, be supportive of others and be a team player.
- Be able to handle pressure and competing interests.
We are committed to providing a healthy work life balance for our employees, with hybrid working and other flexible working arrangements on offer. A laptop and mobile phone will be provided for your role if applicable. We offer a generous benefits package including a minimum of 23 days’ annual leave rising to 28 days after 5 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, a generous local government pension scheme, free parking for all employees and payment of a professional membership fee. As well as subsidised gym membership at our local Places Leisure Centre and great savings from supermarkets, shopping, cycle to work schemes and holidays via the My Staff Shop scheme.
Closing date: Monday 27 March 2023
Interview date: Thursday 6 April 2023
For an informal discussion, please contact Jonathan Partington, Development Manager on 01276 707296 firstname.lastname@example.org or Gavin Chinniah, Head of Planning on 01276 707456, email@example.com
Surrey Heath Borough Council is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and service delivery and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
NO AGENCY CALLS PLEASE