- Employer: Central Bedfordshire Council
- Reference: CBED/23/230182
- Published: Thu 23/02/2023, 14:34 PM
- Closing on: Fri 30/06/2023, 23:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Part Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week, 1x 37 hr post 1x 18.5 hrs post
- Salary: Level 1 - £30,516 - £33,182 per annum pro rata + MRS £1, 000 per annum pro rata Level 2 - £34,067 - £35,611 per annum pro rata + MRS £7,000 per annum pro rata
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Across the County of Central Bedfordshire, Bedfordshire
Social Worker (Level 1 and 2)
Team: North Locality Older Person’s Team
Family: Supporting - CBG9 & CBG10
Salary: Level 1 - £30,516 - £33,182 per annum pro rata + MRS £1, 000 per annum pro rata
Level 2 - £34,067 - £35,611 per annum pro rata + MRS £7,000 per annum pro rata
Hours: 1 x 37 hours per week post & 1 x 18.5 hours per week post availble
Contract Type: Permanent - Hybrid
Base location: Working from home and any CBC offices, including Priory House, Shefford. You will be expected to attend a CBC office location on a monthly basis, and as needed to carry out your role
Closing Date: 30th June 2023
Interview Date: Rolling advert, applicants to be reviewed upon receipt.
Central Bedfordshire is an ambitious authority, determined to be an exemplary one. Our strategic location and high quality of life mean we are one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
As a council we face the same challenges every business does - investing in the right places and delivering great results. Except for us, it’s all about our 289,000 residents. We’re totally focussed on helping to improve their lives and making Central Bedfordshire a great place to live and work.
We have set values and principles to represent the way we work and how we operate as an organisation. You can view a list of these in detail on our website.
This is a great time to join us on our journey.
About the role:
The North Locality Older Person’s Team is a highly professional Adult Social Care team assessing the social care needs of people aged 65+ who live in the areas of Mid Bedfordshire and Ivel Valley (Flitwick, Ampthill, Sandy, Biggleswade and the surrounding villages). We are currently looking to recruit an experienced social worker to join our busy and multi-skilled team. The Team forms part of the Community Assessment Service and practices at the cutting edge of Adult Social Care with a strong focus on improving customer outcomes in a person-centred way.
You will work to build strong relationships with the local community other professionals and employers to make sure people have access to fulfilling lives and achieve their aspirations. Your role will include assessing, reviewing and support planning. Tenacious, proactive and approachable, you’re adept at building professional relationships and have dealt with a range of partners including Health and Housing. You will have a good understanding of the Care Act 2014 and will have sound care management skills. A positive, determined and diplomatic professional, you’ll know how to build links that count. You’ll work with partners to make sure our customers receive, and know about, the best care and opportunities available.
You will have responsibility for the delivery of statutory duties commensurate with supporting people within Adult Social Care. You will discharge these duties in a manner that sees customers at the centre of their care and support, along with, demonstrating behaviours that result in the delivery of compassionate, caring, responsive, and proportionate care and support that is of high quality and evidence best value.
Succeed, and you will be part of a varied and dedicated team where flexibility and commitment go a long way. We will give you the chance to develop new skills, progress and support you to find your greatness. At Central Bedfordshire Council, we’re passionate about having a workforce that reflects our community. It’s why we’re committed to creating equal opportunities, so that we always embrace diversity.
Our collective practice has a strong focus on early prevention and optimising levels of independence. We are a progressive team who offer manageable caseloads and a friendly, supportive work environment. Whilst our office base is Priory House, Shefford we work in an agile manner. IT equipment is provided to support both home and office working.
The successful candidates must have a recognised Social Work qualification and registration with Social Work England. Your values will demonstrate a commitment to an enabling, strengths-based approach in promoting people’s outcomes and independence. You will also show commitment to working in a manner that evidences best practice and professional pride at all times. In return, Central Bedfordshire Council supports the workforce to operate in an agile manner by providing modern IT equipment as well as generous annual leave, local government pension scheme, regular supervision, support to develop, excellent ongoing training and the opportunity to gain further qualifications.
The Community Assessment Service is continually striving to ensure that best practice is delivered to the residents we serve and is investing heavily in being a vibrant, supportive and inspiring place to work. If you think you have the skills and aptitude to join us on our journey, ensuring that Central Bedfordshire remains a great place to live and work, we would like to hear from you.
What we can offer you
As well as joining a friendly, dedicated, and hardworking team you will have access to numerous benefits, including:
- A hybrid working arrangement giving you the option to work from home and access any CBC office location. We recognise and value the importance of supporting our employees to balance their home and work life and to be able to work in the most efficient way.
- A £250 one-off hybrid worker payment to help you adapt your home for safe and suitable working conditions
- A comprehensive IT package to support you to work safely and effectively
- The ability to work abroad for up to a month a year
- Annually paid social work fees for qualified social workers in adults and children’s (including senior practitioners) and Team Managers where required
- Generous family friendly policies and practices
- A welcoming and inclusive environment that empowers differences
- Friendly and supportive staff networks
- Annual leave allowance 24 days + statutory holidays rising to 31 days with length of service.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). This is a valuable part of our rewards package for employees and includes Life Assurance. You can find out more on the Bedfordshire Pension Fund website.
- An exceptional Employee Assistance Programme which helps support employees with workplace changes as well as other work, family and personal issues
- A huge variety of courses and role-specific training and learning to help you succeed and develop
- Access to discounts on top UK retailers and local retailers
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
Sustainability matters to us. We aim to lead by example in tackling climate change. Read more about the action we’re taking on our website: Climate change – tackling it and our strategy
Our aspiration is to be a truly flexible employer. We welcome discussion on location, hours and working pattern as part of the application process.
You will be expected to demonstrate how you meet the key accountabilities and competencies detailed within this Recruitment Pack; Social Worker
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Katharine Murrary at email@example.com or call 0300 300 8303 or Kam Lall at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 300 6233.
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Central Bedfordshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers and contractors to share this commitment. This post is subject to the disclosure of criminal records.
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to improving the diversity of our workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. Therefore we welcome applications from everyone. In addition we are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline.
If you require assistance to apply for our roles, help with writing your CV, interview techniques or careers advice please contact our team of careers advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org Our service is confidential, impartial and free for all.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.