- Employer: Surrey County Council
- Reference: orbis/TP/472/31172
- Published: Fri 24/02/2023, 8:33 AM
- Closing on: Sun 26/03/2023, 9:33 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: £23243 - £25484 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Leatherhead
More InformationMore about this employer
Adults Administration Assistant
The starting salary for this position is £23,243 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
We are excited to currently have two Administration Assistant vacancies based in our Learning Disability and Autism team based in Leatherhead. We are looking for people to provide comprehensive administrative support to our amazing Adult Social Care team.
About the Role
As our new Administration Assistant, you will be undertaking a range of general administrative duties in order to provide support to one of our fantastic operational teams within Adult Social Care. You will be dealing with telephone enquiries, be responsible for a wide range of correspondence and assist with case recording.
Alongside these administrative roles, we will also need your help with data entry. Alongside, being quick and accurate when completing data entry onto the mainframe database, you will need to be able to both interrogate the database and interpret the data recorded which may be complex in nature. From time to time, you will need to produce ad hoc reports that will be a huge help to the operational running of the service.
In order to be considered for shortlisting, in your application, we would love to hear about;
- Your experience working in an office as part of a team and we'd love some examples of your excellent customer service skills
- Your communication skills, both written and verbal, you will need to be able to take notes and minutes as well as proof read documents taking into consideration our working protocols and procedures
- Your great organisational skills that will help you to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Your IT skills, for this role you will need to be competent with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Your willingness to travel! You may be required to travel to other sites in Surrey to support operational functions
As part of our greener future strategies and our commitment to creating a healthy work-life balance, we welcome a conversation with you regarding our remote working options. Remote working to us is a balance of spending time in our communities, our offices and working from home or wherever works best. Please note, you will be required to be in the office twice a week.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 26/03/2023 with interviews to follow.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit the advert on the employer site.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.