- Employer: Hart District Council
- Reference: HDC/23/230395
- Published: Fri 24/02/2023, 14:56 PM
- Closing on: Mon 27/03/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: Grade I, £40,097 to £43,103 plus a £6,000 market supplement (subject to review).
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Principal Policy Planner
Hart District Council, in north-east Hampshire, is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and highly capable Principal Policy Planner (MRTPI).You will play a vital role in delivering the Council’s planning policy agenda including the next local plan and a range of other projects.
You will join a small, busy team responsible for the local plan, neighbourhood plans, supplementary guidance and conservation area appraisals. You will develop and commission evidence, shape policy options, draft documents, and engage with communities.
These are exciting times as we prepare for changes to the planning system and tackle the climate emergency. You will join us ahead of a local plan review, and we want to use innovative technological solutions to support the next local plan.
Hart is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the UK. A mix of rural and urban planning issues and a strong demand for more development make this is an exciting place to work. There are always new challenges.
We’re the place to grow your planning career. Come and see for yourself how we empower and develop our staff. The work we have at Hart is diverse and challenging, you can develop your skills and work as part of a friendly and committed team. You can help us to innovate and continuously improve.
Hart offers an excellent package of benefits which include for this post:
- A generous leave entitlement
- Excellent working environment
- Flexible working arrangements including an ability to accrue up to 2 days additional leave per month and an Agile Working Policy with a mix of remote and office-based working.
- Commitment to a good work life balance
- Support for continuous professional development
- Payment for one set of Professional fees annually
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Free car parking
The market supplement is initially set for three years and after that will be reviewed every two years, plus it would be subject to an annual performance review.
We’d love to hear from you and for an informal chat please get in touch with our Planning Policy & Economic Development Manager, Daniel Hawes on email@example.com or phone 07973 825379.
Please provide you CV and a supporting statement (2 sides of A4) outlining why you are interested in the role and how your knowledge and experience makes you a great candidate.
Interview date: Interviews to be held at Hart District Council Offices, Fleet between 17th and 28th April.