- Employer: Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council
- Reference: FS/23/230637
- Published: Thu 02/03/2023, 9:26 AM
- Closing on: Sun 26/03/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week, Benefits include: local government pension scheme, employee assistance programme, generous annual leave, excellent location with easy parking, remote working, Professional Membership Fees paid, excellent ongoing training and CPD opportunities
- Salary: £55,968 - £59,157
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Kings Hill, Opportunity for flexible/home working, Kent
We are seeking an experienced financial professional to join our Financial Services Team as a Principal Accountant. Reporting to the Senior Financial Services Management Team you will be required to act as the lead officer on the Closure of the Councils Financial Statements, VAT and Collection Fund accounting aspects for the Council.
You will be jointly responsible for the day-to-day management of the Accountancy team and, under the guidance of the Financial Service Management Team, embracing and helping develop our excellent business partnering approach in support of our service managers and directors.
You should be an enthusiastic and pragmatic individual, with a 'can-do' attitude, significant experience of financial stewardship, along with excellent people, communication and staff management skills. Specifically, you will have significant experience in supporting the financial aspects of the Closure of Accounts, VAT and Collection Fund accounting for the council, however, consideration will be given to those with experience in either of these major areas.
For a further discussion please contact Paul Worden, Financial Services Manager on 01732 876175.
Interviews will be held w/c 3rd April 2023