- Employer: Knowsley Schools
- Reference: SVP 0530
- Published: Thu 02/03/2023, 8:00 AM
- Closing on: Mon 20/03/2023, 8:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: £27,852 - £29,439 per annum
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: The Deans Trust, Lord Derby Academy, Seel Road, Huyton, Merseyside, Merseyside
Lord Derby Academy, Huyton, Merseyside
36 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Salary – Grade G Point 19 - 22 £27,852 - £29,439 per annum.
Full time position (52 weeks) including during periods of school closure
Local Government Pension Scheme – Merseyside Pension Fund
The Dean Trust is a successful Multi Academy Trust with a mission ‘To assist all pupils to achieve their full potential’. Amongst our aims we strive to achieve high aspirations, high standards and continuous improvement across all of our schools.
We believe that our exceptional teachers and support team are key to our continuing success and as such we look for dedicated and passionate people to join us.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our West Hub Finance Team, based in Lord Derby Academy, which is located in Huyton, Knowsley.
The role of Finance Officer is an integral part of the Academy Business Support Team, with responsibility for purchase order processing, accounts payable and receivable, student monies and banking. Providing a first class service to teaching and support staff across the school and dealing directly with pupils, you will be a confident team player, with excellent communication skills, always prepared to “go the extra mile” to ensure the smooth running of the school and an efficient and effective finance function.
What are we looking for?
- An individual that holds GCSE Maths and English at Grades A* - C plus an A level qualification or equivalent qualifications, and ideally a basic finance qualification (AAT Level 2 or equivalent)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within finance and accounting, with specific experience in purchase order processing and accounts payable
- Experience of transactional finance data processing and accounting in a high compliance and busy environment
- Ideally, but not essential, experience of working in a Finance role within a school or multi academy trust
- High level of IT skills particularly in MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook and bespoke financial accounting software
- Good time management, organisational and administrative skills and ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and deal professionally with colleagues, pupils, parents, suppliers and other agencies.
To apply please visit our careers website careers.thedeantrust.co.uk or for further information please contact Mrs J Riley on 0151 477 8860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
8am on Monday 20th March 2023
Interviews will be held on Thursday 23rd March 2023