- Employer: Watmos - Community Homes
- Reference: WCH/23/230994
- Published: Thu 02/03/2023, 11:15 AM
- Closing on: Sun 26/03/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £43,490 plus benefits
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Lambeth, London, Lambeth
Leading the way in resident managed housing Watmos' unique approach has put it at the forefront of transforming communities and exceeding expectations. We are seeking an outstanding and dedicated individual who shares our passion for improving people's lives.
This role involves:
- Supporting the Head of Contracts, as part of a team of Building Surveyors, with the delivery of annual programmes of capital and cyclical maintenance and the Responsive Repairs & Voids Maintenance Manager with overseeing a responsive repairs and voids service to residents and leaseholders efficiently and cost effectively, in conjunction with the organisation’s partnering and other contractors.
- Managing disrepair claims, which includes completing inspections, reports and any other relevant paperwork whilst liaising with solicitors to build a defence.
- Preparing pre-tender estimates, work cost schedules for budgeting and investment planning purposes and appointing contractors, consultants and suppliers in line with Watmos group policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will:
- Have appropriate academic, professional or technical qualifications in surveying, building or construction or be qualified by experience to an equivalent level, have experience in general building surveying, tendering and contract administration and working knowledge of the Construction Design and Management Regulations and Health and Safety Regulations relating to maintenance and construction works.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication, time management, organisational, interpersonal, project management, prioritisation, I.T. skills, the ability to diagnose complex repairs and prepare specifications, design drawings and schedules of work for building related maintenance and refurbishment.
If you have a commitment to delivering excellent customer service and enjoy working with customers and contractors this role is for you.
For further information please see our recruitment information pack.
Closing Date: Sunday 26th March 2023 (23:59)