- Employer: Birmingham Children's Trust
- Reference: BCT/23/231012
- Published: Thu 02/03/2023, 11:42 AM
- Closing on: Wed 05/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36.5 hours per week
- Salary: £23,194 - £29,438
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: 1 Lancaster Circus, Birmingham, Birmingham
Business Support Officer/PA
Birmingham Children’s Trust is going from strength to strength. We are the largest provider of family support and social care services for children, young people and families in the country. Our goal is to become a center of excellence in both social care and family support. By choosing to work for us, you will be part of a supportive, dynamic service contributing to our service improvement journey to ‘Outstanding’.
We have some exciting opportunities within our Business Support Service for self-motivated Business Support Officers/PA’s providing essential support to our Senior Managers. The purpose of the Management Support Team is to build a relationship that supports and enables Senior Managers to operate to the highest levels of efficiency, support them to be well organised and to proactively horizon scan and forward plan for them to help them achieve their role.
The Children's Services Leadership Team wants to maximise the impact of the commitment and enthusiasm of front-line staff and managers by reducing the complexity of systems and processes. In achieving this goal this will simplify the child's journey, by giving staff permission to work in a universal, solution-focused child and family-centred way.
The Management Support Team provides full secretarial and administrative support to Senior Managers that consists of Chief Executive, Directors, Assistant Directors and Heads of Services.
You will play an important role in the effective day to day running of the service we are looking for people who are well organised; have good attention to detail and who can work to and meet tight deadlines; you must be able to work effectively within a team environment, be customer and child focused and be able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
08:45 to 17:15 betwen Monday to Thursday and 08:45 to 16:15 on a Friday.
The Management Support Team provides support to the Senior Management Team from a variety of locations, but our main sites are Lancaster Circus, Lifford House and New Aston House.
You will be a ‘can-do' person, who is passionate about high quality service delivery and performance. You will be able to work effectively within a dedicated team environment, be customer focused and able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
Key skills we will be looking for in your personal statement include:
- An ability to support meetings, including the provision of note taking and recording of actions, as requested by the business
- Attention to detail with an ability to work accurately e.g. literacy and numeracy
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active approach to all tasks to ensure business objectives are met
- An ability to work flexibly as part of a diverse team environment, providing cover when needed to ensure continuity of service provision, and the ability to multi-task to cover other roles within the team
- Experience of dealing with several conflicting and changing priorities effectively to achieve business objectives
For further details please contact Michelle Warner, Business Support Team Leader – Michelle.Warner@birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk, 07912 407 965 or to discuss the role with someone who is currently undertaking a similar role you can contact Tanya Davison via email - Tanya.Davison@birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk.
What you can expect from us:
- Being part of a positive, supportive, ‘can-do’ service and wider Trust
- We are a forward thinking, innovative organisation, proactive in delivering the most optimum services for our children, young people and wider local community
- Career development opportunities
- Regular development discussions
And some of the benefits of working for us, click HERE for more about our offer
- Mental health / emotional support – 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Hybrid model of remote working
- 29 days holiday on joining, plus bank holidays. This increases to 32 days after five years’ service, and then 34 days after ten years’ service
- Generous contributory pension scheme
The campaign closes on 5th April 2023.
Interviews will be held w/c 17th April 2023.
How to Apply
Please click Apply Online below to complete your application form
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.