- Employer: Lincolnshire County Council
- Reference: 18281
- Published: Tue 21/03/2023, 11:33 AM
- Closing on: Tue 04/04/2023, 11:33 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: £30,000 - £39,999
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Various/Lincolnshire, Lincoln, Lincolnshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Senior Place and Investment Office
Come and join Lincolnshire County Council’s Investment Team, a dynamic, proactive, results focused team that offers support and development opportunities. Due to internal progression we are looking to recruit a new Senior Place and Investment Officer on a full time, permanent basis.
About the role
The postholder will be responsible for supporting the Place Directorate's plans and delivery strategies in relation to
investment growth including:
• Leading in the delivery of the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Account Management Programme, supporting over 100 foreign owned businesses across the region to invest and create jobs.
• Supporting businesses in their investment plans for growth and attracting new inward investments to the region.
• Promoting the region as a place for investment in order to attract new businesses, investors, developers and create
new jobs through a variety of forms of media e.g. marketing collateral, PR, website, social media, events
• Supporting the delivery of the Team Lincolnshire Ambassador Programme particularly in relation to event
organisation and delivery - internationally, nationally and regionally.
• Building strong relationships with key stakeholders such as Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership,
Department for International Trade, Midlands Engine, Local Partners, Team Lincolnshire Ambassadors, Investors,
About the team
The Place and Investment Team is a fast paced, dynamic and friendly team within the Place Directorate. The role of the
team is exciting and varied and is focussed on delivering a range of activities to achieve the objectives of the region's
Investment Strategy which aims to deliver economic growth and create new jobs. This includes the administration and
delivery of the Team Lincolnshire Ambassador Programme, account management of foreign owned businesses,
attracting new inward investment into the region and unblocking barriers to investment.
You will be joining a team who are passionate about driving forward the economy through working closely with
businesses and key stakeholders to make a positive impact across the region.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and fast-learning individual with excellent interpersonal skills. Significant
experience of building and maintaining working relationships with internal and external stakeholders' is essential
combined with excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills. The successful candidate will be able to
work across a range of different work streams, displaying the necessary professionalism and confidence to work with
senior key stakeholders.
It is essential that applicants are able to travel around the county as this will be required from time to time in order to
meet with businesses and participate in the delivery of events. LCC are embracing new ways of working which means
this role will be a mixture of working from home and LCC offices. Therefore you will need a full clean driving licence and access to a vehicle.
About Our Offer
Along with a competitive salary we are offering:
- A Contributory pension
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work
- Flexible working policies
- Career progression opportunities
- A generous annual leave entitlement plus the option to buy more
Further details can be found in our rewards and benefits brochure
If this sounds like the role for you, then please read through the full Job Description, before clicking apply! If you would like to know more about Lincolnshire County Council and our current vacancies then click on over to www.lincolnshire.gov.uk
PLEASE NOTE: It is imperative that your covering letter/personal statement clearly states why you have applied, how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role as set out in the Job Description (attached on LCC jobs Site) and what you feel you can bring to this role, the team and the wider County Council.
Applications will close on 04/04/23 and interviews will take place on or around 15/05/23
For a confidential and informal discussion about the role please contact:
Tony Reynolds. Tony.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07816 933642
Best of luck with your application
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.