- Employer: Guildford Borough Council
- Reference: 2/23/231240
- Published: Fri 03/03/2023, 12:04 PM
- Closing on: Sun 19/03/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £31,960 - £37,355 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Millmead House Offices, Millmead, Guildford GU2 4BB, Surrey
More InformationMore about this employer
Caseworker Revenues and Benefits Grade 5
We are looking for a pro-active, motivated and confident individual who is seeking a career within a busy and fast paced environment. We offer a friendly and supportive working environment and highly value our people.
The post holder will support the Case Team Leader for Revenues and Benefits team to ensure work processes, standards and compliance are completed efficiently and effectively and continuously improved. As the most senior caseworker, the post holder will be the escalation point, manage complex cases and offer training as well as mentoring to the caseworker team.
The post holder will need to manage workflow and ensure cases are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible. The post holder will be required to undertake quality checking of work, providing training and support as identified.
Applicants will need to demonstrate significant previous experience in Housing Benefits as this will be their primary function with knowledge in Council Tax and Business Rates preferable as secondary knowledge areas. Applicants will need the ability to analyse information, plan, monitor and use their own initiative, and most importantly be customer focused at all times.
In return, we offer a generous annual leave entitlement of 24 days, access to our flexible working scheme, pension scheme and pleasant working environment near to the town centre.
This role attracts a salary between £31,960 and £37,355, £2000 Pay Award pending and applicable from April 2023. Offers are usually made at the lower end of the salary band allowing for progression.
The role does not provide parking.
- Proven ability in Housing Benefits ideally with 5 years experience in new claims processing, change of circumstances and complex claims
- Experience in training and mentoring in the revenues and benefits field
- We are seeking applicants who are educated to NVQ level 3 / A Level standard or have experience in the service area
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Excellent communication with people of different social, economic and professional backgrounds.
- Current knowledge of benefits legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of Civica would be an advantage.
- Professional business qualification
- Part qualified in a specialist service qualification or working towards this
If you are interested in this busy and varied role, please apply online.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 19th March 2023
Interviews W/C: Monday 27th March 2023
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Carene Alexander (Case Team Leader Revenues and Benefits) on 01483 444879 or Peter Stevens (Deputy Head of Customer and Case Services) on 01483 444674.
Guildford is a regional centre for leisure, business, education, shopping and culture set in beautiful countryside that includes the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Guildford is a thriving market town and is a principal shopping destination with a vibrant night time economy. The town’s geographical location provides excellent transport links in all directions, London is just 30 minutes away on the train and the town is well-served by frequent bus routes and subsidised Park and Ride facilities. All of this contributes to a quality of life that attracts many people to live, work in and visit Guildford.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and post-holders to share this commitment. To fulfil this commitment we have robust systems in place for the safe recruitment of staff and volunteers.