- Employer: Burnley Borough Council
- Reference: 233
- Published: Mon 06/03/2023, 9:55 AM
- Closing on: Sun 19/03/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours
- Hours: 36.25 hours per week
- Salary: Grade 11 = £37,261 to £40,478 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Burnley, Lancashire
More InformationMore about this employer
Housing Standards Team Leader
Burnley is situated in Pennine Lancashire with its compact urban area, stretching along the two river valleys of the Brun and Calder and is surrounded by moorland countryside. Burnley has excellent transport links around the region including a direct train link to the City of Manchester.
The is an exciting opportunity to join our busy and dedicated Private Sector Housing Team on a full time, permanent basis. We are a relatively large team delivering a wide range of services that integrate public and private sector partners, creating a bottom-up approach to supporting neighbourhoods offering real help where it is needed through the empty homes programme, an innovative home improvement agency, landlord enforcement, selective and HMO licensing, the Good Landlord and Agent Accreditation scheme and energy efficiency improvements.
In this role you will be focussed upon making transformational changes to the rented sector across the Borough. You will work alongside another team manager to lead and develop a team of Officers to deliver a wide range of initiatives including:
- Statutory obligations of enforcing housing conditions in all rented properties across the Borough
- Delivering and enforcing mandatory licensing of HMOs
- Tenancy relations dealing with illegal eviction and harassment in all privately rented properties
- Partnership working with internal and external agencies to improve rented properties
- Educating and advising Landlords and Managing Agents through the Good Landlord and Agent Scheme
The common theme throughout these activities is to drive up standards of management and improve conditions to benefit the health, safety and welfare of residents living in rented properties in Burnley.
The team operates from the Town Hall combined with home working.
It is essential that you have experience of enforcing all aspects of housing conditions including houses in multiple occupation. It is also essential that you have experience of programme and project management as well as experience in managing and developing a team.
It is desirable that you hold a degree or diploma in Environmental Health and a certificate of Registration issued by the C.I.E.H.
The Council offers a generous salary, pension, holiday entitlement and exceptional work/life balance initiatives. This is an opportunity not to be missed.
If you meet the essential criteria and feel you have the passion and desire to work with us, we would love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion on the content of the job descriptions or person specification, please contact Clare Jackson, Private Sector Housing Manager, on 01282 477231