- Employer: TeachingLincs
- Reference: 18140
- Published: Mon 06/03/2023, 11:03 AM
- Closing on: Wed 22/03/2023, 23:57 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Term Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week, Term Time - 40 weeks per annum
- Salary: GAT-6 Salary: £24,496 - £27,344 FTE (£21,705 - £24,228 pro rata); 37 hpw, 40 weeks per annum term time
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Skegness Junior Academy, Lincolnshire
Skegness Junior Academy
We are looking for a Senior Administrator to join our administrative team here at Skegness Junior Academy.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to make a real difference to their community. As Senior Administrator you will provide senior clerical and administrative support to the academy. You will be managing and overseeing the academy's recruitment and onboarding activities in cooperation with the Trust's People Directorate.
Other duties include:
- You will ensure the busy Academy Office provides a professional and timely customer service while reviewing and updating office administration processes including IT trackers and proformas.
- You will be the academy point of contact for Health & Safety (including management of and administration), Site Management, and the People Directorate (including additional hours claims, safer recruitment, SCR administrator, absences and staff inductions);
- You will support other Skegness Junior colleagues by raising purchase orders and ordering equipment and supplies, supporting the Principal with a range of administrative duties including supply bookings, maintaining diaries (including staff absence) and taking minutes.
- During busy times/staff absence undertake attendance administration and provide customer service (face to face, e-communications and phone) to parents/visitors.
- Possess an excellent telephone and empathetic manner, be adept at building relationships with all stakeholders, be adaptable and flexible and remain calm under pressure whilst working in a busy office.
- Prioritising tasks using proven time-management skills and have proven supervisory, organisational and administration skills, while being able to demonstrate your ability to work effectively within a team as well as on your own initiative;
- Have proven experience and skills using databases and Microsoft applications such as ‘Excel’ and ‘Teams’ and have proven experience of working confidentiality at all times whilst adhering to data protection legislation.
- Whilst not an essential requirement, having experience and knowledge of working within an educational environment and with a MIS system such as SIMS would be advantageous.
You can be assured that you will be joining a successful Multi Academy Trust that has a great track record in helping children to succeed no matter what their background.
The Trust is dedicated to valuing and developing the workforce whether that be through ensuring a fair workload or offering access to bespoke CPD from the Learning Alliance to enhance professional growth.
We believe in looking after the people who make a huge difference to our children, their families and the communities we serve. That’s why we give everyone who joins a Perkbox account – with 24/7 access to perks and discounts, plus curated wellbeing tools to look after your physical and mental health. It’s part of our commitment to look after you.
Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Hundreds of global and local perks, available online 24/7
- Shopping discounts from the biggest brands, all year round
- Save money on everything from the supermarket shop to summer holidays
- A free Employee Assistance Programme from Health Assured
If this post attracts sufficient interest before the closing date, we may decide to close and interview this vacancy at an earlier date, so an early application is advised.
Closing Date for applications 22 March 2023
Interview Date; to be confirmed
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts will be subject to receipt of satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure, medical and reference checks. All pre-employment checks are in line with "Keeping Children Safe in Education”.
All adults employed by the Trust have a responsibility for data protection and have a duty to observe and follow the principles of the GDPR Regulations.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. As part of our need to comply with UK immigration rules, you will be required to provide Home Office stipulated documentation prior to interview.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
The school advertising the vacancy will contact you directly regarding the outcome of your application and any interviews. When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.