- Employer: Kent County Council
- Reference: KCC/23/231522
- Published: Mon 06/03/2023, 17:19 PM
- Closing on: Thu 06/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: 34,866 - £41,011 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Kent
Kent County Council has a large and diverse property portfolio and is at a pivotal point in its Property Asset Management cycle. Responding to service delivery changes, we are modernising our property service and adapting it within the current financial context of the Council.
The Property Infrastructure Directorate is already very busy delivering change to the Council’s estate and in particular, the implementation of “Framing Kent’s Future” where we envisage the shape of its estate will change significantly. We are therefore looking for Surveyors to join our Estates and Disposal, Acquisition Teams.
The work undertaken within the Estates team is very broad and to ensure some focus, it is divided into portfolios led by 3 experienced Principal Surveyors:
- Operational Estate – Which looks after KCC’s office and community assets where we deliver front facing services to the public or run other Council services. This team may also become involved in more complex Council Projects where there is a property element to deliver (such as compulsory purchase, commissioning services etc.).
- Education Estate – This comprises KCC’s school buildings, but also looks after statutory academy tenancies, playing fields etc.
- Tenanted Estate – KCC has a variety of buildings that it lets to a broad range of tenants. This area of the business is mainly landlord and tenant focused.
You are a Professional Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or similar (Estate Management/General Practice/Valuation)
As part of team of surveyors aligned to one of the three property portfolios, in line with RICS Standards and the Council’s constitution, you will deliver professional property advice on land and property matters. You will also implement estates strategies across a portfolio of assets.
You will be a self-motivated individual who wants to make a difference to the portfolio and assets you are responsible for and be at the forefront of the improvements to how we manage our Estate.
This solution focused role will be rewarding for the right individual who delivers a better public estate for Kent County Council and its residents as they develop their own career in the Surveying profession.
In return, you can expect a rewarding career with KCC as we offer a comprehensive and competitive range of benefits to suit all circumstances, including:
- Reward and recognition with our Pay Policy
- Access to our excellent Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday and Leave entitlement
- Flexible hours and locations
The post offers one of recruitment payment of £2,000 to the successful candidate and a salary of £34,866 to £41,011 plus £2,000 annual retention payment (subject to yearly review). Please note that a pay award is due in April 2023.
If you are a curious, compassionate, collaborative individual we are interested in working with you in an inclusive and supportive way, develop you as an individual and together achieve great outcomes for KCC.
Please note for shortlisting purposes we require you to complete the 'Reason for applying' question, ensuring you that you provide specific examples of your qualifications, skills, knowledge, and experience to demonstrate your suitability and in addition highlight areas of strength in relation to the Person Specification.
For more information about the role, please contact Mark Cheverton, Property Assets Policy & Strategy Manager by email at Mark.Cheverton@kent.gov.uk or telephone 03000 415940
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.