- Employer: Wokingham Borough Council
- Reference: 712630
- Published: Fri 17/03/2023, 11:00 AM
- Closing on: Tue 11/04/2023, 23:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £36,298 - £40,478 Per Annum (Grade 8)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Shute End, Wokingham, Berkshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Corporate Investigation Officer
We have a new and exciting opportunity available for a Corporate Investigation Officer to join our Internal Audit and Investigation Team.
As Corporate Investigation Officer, you will play a key role in undertaking a variety of corporate fraud investigations across the council, in order to prevent and detect fraud, irregularities and to safeguard the public purse.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Head of Internal Audit and Investigation in developing a Fraud Plan of activity based on the council’s priorities.
- Undertaking a variety of both reactive and proactive investigations to prevent, detect and take appropriate action for all internal and external fraud, theft and error and to drive improvements in internal controls across the Council.
- Responding to national fraud drives e.g. National Fraud Initiative Data Matching exercises.
- Overseeing the Council’s Whistleblowing hotline and Whistleblowing and fraud email accounts.
- Responding to Police, Freedom of Information and Data Protection requests.
- Working collaboratively and positively with team members and other departmental colleagues to identify improvements in working practices to detect and prevent fraud.
We are interested in hearing from highly organised, motivated and conscientious candidates with an ability to work under pressure. You will be a strong team player to join our very busy Internal Audit and Investigation Team.
- Experience of undertaking proactive fraud drives is essential.
- Good knowledge of investigation techniques and legislation dealing with investigations, for example the legislation surrounding the assessment and payment of Council Tax Reduction Scheme and other Council Tax discounts and exemptions; Housing, Adult Social Care and other Fraud practices.
This role offers excellent benefits including generous annual leave, a great local government pension scheme, flexible working arrangements and more!
For an informal chat about the role please contact Catherine Hickman (Head of Internal Audit and Investigation) on Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org or 07885 983378.
Closing date: Tuesday 11th April 2023, 11pm
Interview date: W/C 17th April 2023
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.