- Employer: TeachingLincs
- Reference: 18161
- Published: Tue 07/03/2023, 9:55 AM
- Closing on: Sun 26/03/2023, 23:54 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: up to 32.5 hours per week
- Salary: Grade: M1 - U3 (Full Time or part time ) Salary: £28,000 - £43,685 per annum
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Alford John Spendluffe Technology College, Lincolnshire
Teacher of English (Maternity Cover)
John Spendluffe Technology College is looking for a Teacher of English (Maternity Cover) to start September 2023.
This post can be - Part Time or Full Time; Unqualified Teacher or Instructor applicants welcome
Opportunity for full Academic Year 2023-24 (Sep 2023 - Aug 2024)
Line managed by Head of English
Purpose of Role:
- To support the work of the English department – staff and students.
- To improve standards (attainment and progress) reached by all students.
- To develop the English curriculum in both key stages.
- To inspire and enthuse teaching and learning.
Role and responsibilities of English teacher: Generic
- To meet the statutory Teachers’ Standards.
- To teach English as directed by the Head of English.
- To implement assessment, recording and reporting systems to monitor student progress in accordance with national, school, and departmental policy.
- To undertake all necessary exam preparation and administration as required by your Head of Department.
- To share the supervision and development of English teaching areas.
- To attend departmental meetings and INSET sessions.
- To work evenings, twilights, Open Days and whole school events as part of directed time.
- To undergo training to enhance professional practice.
- To engage actively in staff performance development review process.
- To maintain accurate records and registers as required by the department and school.
- To complete relevant documentation to enable accurate tracking of learning, progress, and behaviour.
- To use relevant information to inform planning, teaching, and learning of students.
- To communicate effectively with parents of students as appropriate.
- To be a form tutor to an assigned group of students.
- To promote the general progress and well-being of individual students and of the form tutor group as a whole.
- To register students, accompany them to assemblies, encourage their full attendance at all lessons and their participation in other aspects of school life.
- To alert the appropriate staff to issues experienced by students – including safeguarding concerns.
- To teach students according to their educational needs including the setting and marking of work.
- To apply the school Behaviour Management systems so that effective learning can take place.
- To mark, assess and give written, verbal, and diagnostic feedback as required.
- To continue personal development as identified.
- To undertake any other duty as specified by the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Body (STPCB) not mentioned in the above.
- To comply with the school’s Health and Safety Policy and undertake assessments as appropriate.
- To show a record of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- To exercise a commitment to the school’s ethos, vision and values and all school policies.
- To undertake any other duties or one-off tasks at the reasonable request of the Headteacher/SLT.
This job description sets out the duties at the time of drafting.
The job description may be amended from time to time without incurring a change in the grading of the post.
Please contact the Headteacher’s PA for an application form and further information.
John Spendluffe Technology College,
Hanby Lane, Alford, Lincolnshire, LN13 9BL
Direct telephone: 01507 464308
Alternatively, application packs are available on the JSTC website.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the school. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA using the above contact details to arrange an appointment.
Completed applications should be e-mailed to the Headteacher’s secretary or posted to the school.
Applications must be received by – Monday 27th March 2023 by 9:00 am
Interviews will take place on – Wednesday 29th March 2023 (Times TBC)
JSTC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, medical and reference checks. All pre-employment checks, undertaken are in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
The school advertising the vacancy will contact you directly regarding the outcome of your application and any interviews. When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.