- Employer: Elmhurst Primary School
- Reference: Pri/23/0803
- Published: Thu 09/03/2023, 13:33 PM
- Closing on: Fri 30/06/2023, 17:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Term Time
- Hours: 32.5 hours per week
- Salary: Main Pay Scale (Teachers pay and conditions)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Elmhurst Primary School, Newham
Elmhurst Primary School
Upton Park Road
London E7 8JY
Tel: 020 8472 1062
Head teacher: Ms S Samra
Required for September 2023 and earlier
Closing date: 30th June, 2023
Elmhurst Primary School is an outstanding school which is part of the New Vision Trust, an ambitious and successful Multi Academy Trust (MAT) comprised of five good and outstanding primary schools in the London borough of Newham and Redbridge; Vicarage, Nelson, Gallions, Elmhurst and Downshall. In this highly effective partnership each school retains their unique character whilst benefiting from the mutual support and challenge of belonging to a leading MAT.
We are seeking to appoint a teacher who has:
- Outstanding classroom practice or has the potential to develop this
- The desire to develop professionally
- A good academic background
- Experience of teaching across KS1 and KS2
Elmhurst Primary School is the lead school for the DfE nationally funded English Hub and Maths Hub. Expertise across our school includes phonics (we are a Read Write Inc model school), Mathematics, Art, Shakespeare and Debating, ensuring we have a rich and stimulating curriculum. Due to our national profile, Elmhurst is at the forefront of educational innovation, leading school improvement at a local and national level. Our staff are committed to ensuring that our learners receive the highest quality of education. As a member of the Elmhurst team, you will receive high quality support and development in your role, benefitting from the expertise of the National Hubs.
- Access to high quality professional learning and leadership development, including nationally recognised programmes e.g. ECT, NPQSL & NPQML
- High quality induction programme for all joiners and the opportunity for extensive career progression
- Extended and paid opportunities for 1:1 tuition, after school clubs and external courses
- Regular opportunities to work with a network of professionals through the LNE Maths Hub and English Hub.
Personal and enrichment benefits:
- Inner London pay in the outer London Borough of Newham
- ECT starting salary £34,508. See below for further ECT benefits
- Resource rich working environment including laptops available to support planning and preparation
- Opportunities for residential and study visits abroad including France and Spain
- Free onsite parking and easy access to public transport
Early Career Teacher benefits:
- Salary: M1 inner London pay scale
- Recruitment and retention payment (until mainscale point M6)
- £1000 Golden Hello in August salary (ECTs who started in September 2022 received £32,157 + £1,351 recruitment and retention + £1000 Golden Hello totalling £34,508)
- Offer of paid work in June/July at the school to which appointed
- 2 days ECT familiarisation induction in July
- Bespoke training programme for ECTs with LNE Maths Hub and English Hub
- Sign posting details of local housing associations who offer a range of affordable accommodation in East London, including Local Space Housing Association (www.localspace.co.uk) who prioritise Newham teachers on their waiting list
If you are interested in working for Elmhurst Primary School, we encourage you to contact Sukwinder Samra (email@example.com) to arrange a visit to the school.
This role is not exempt from ROA 1974. A self-disclosure is required for this post, as well as an enhanced DBS certificate and barred list check. Please find the School's Safeguarding Policy attached for your attention.
Please note an online search will be conducted on all shortlisted candidates.
For technical enquires please call 020 8249 6946. For any other administrative enquiries please contact Farida Mayat at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.