- Employer: Reading Borough Council
- Reference: SCH/23/231826
- Published: Wed 08/03/2023, 15:03 PM
- Closing on: Mon 20/03/2023, 23:02 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Term Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: £7,557 - £15,165
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Thameside Primary School, Berkshire
More InformationMore about this employer
SEND Teaching Assistants - Thameside Primary School
To start in April 2023 - Part time - Term time only
(1) SEND Teaching Assistant - Rainbow room for children with SEND
Part time, Permanent - 8.45am to 3.15pm, 30 Hours per week, Monday to Friday
£14,627 - £15,165 Per year
(2) SEND Teaching Assistant - Foundation Stage
Part time, initially fixed term until 21st July 2023, but may be extended, 15.5 hours per week, Monday and Tuesday all day and Wednesday morning
£7,557 - £7,835 Per year
(3) SEND Teaching Assistant – Year 5
Part time, initially fixed term until 21st July 2023, but may be extended, 20 hours per week, 4 hours per day 8.15am to 12.15pm Monday to Friday
£9,751 - £10,110 Per year
PLEASE INDICATE ON YOUR APPLICATION WHICH ROLE YOU ARE INTERESTED IN, OR YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ANY OF THE VACANT POSITIONS.
The school are looking to appoint three passionate and creative Teaching Assistants to join our diverse school and to work with specific children with SEND needs in class and on a 1:1 basis.
We require a caring and supportive individual to work with children with significant learning difficulties providing 1:1 support and assistance in the development, learning, and support of these children.
The ideal candidate will display previous experience working as a Teaching or Learning Support Assistant and have experience of working with children with SEND.
You must have a willingness to help a range of children with varied needs including welfare, have excellent communication skills, be highly motivated and be able to work confidently as part of a team.
Past experience of working in a school or nursery setting would be ideal but any candidate with the enthusiasm to work in a school and support the progress of children in a learning environment is welcome to apply.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the class teacher to implement planned lesson learning activities
- Interact and engage with individual pupils with complex SEN needs in a class and 1:1 basis.
- Keeping children safe in their surroundings and activities they engage in including dealing with first aid incidents
- General support in the classroom planning resources and setting up the classroom
- Providing administrative support to the class teacher to prepare resources for class or specific children
- Supervising children on the playground at break times and during lunchtimes
We are seeking candidates that have:
- Previous experience of working with children is preferable
- Commitment to working with children with SEND
- A good standard of English and Maths is essential Grade C or equivalent
- An ability to work with a team and diverse staff/pupil groups
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Exceptional, highly motivated and hard-working
- Commitment to teamwork
- Patience and commitment to work with young people, some with challenging needs
If you are interested please contact Vicki Lucas - School Business Manager - email@example.com for an application pack or download from www.thamesideprimary.co.uk, - About Us, Come & Work for us!
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Closing date: Monday 20th March 2023
Interviews will be arranged on receipt of applications.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and is an equal opportunity provider. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.