- Employer: Winchester City Council
- Reference: WCC/23/231867
- Published: Wed 08/03/2023, 16:07 PM
- Closing on: Sun 02/04/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £24,054.00 to £24,948.00
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Winchester, Southampton, Hampshire, Basingstoke, Andover
Now is an exciting time to be joining the Special Maintenance team at Winchester City Council. We are looking for a skilled Maintenance Operative to join our growing and friendly team.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference to the high quality service we provide to our customers and the community.
About the job:
Salary from £24,054.00 to £24,948.00
37 hours per week (7:00 - 3:30pm Monday to Thursday and 7:00 - 3:00pm Friday)
You’ll be on the frontline delivering construction and maintenance services across the Winchester district to ensure it is safe and enjoyable for those who live, work and visit Winchester.
You’ll work as part of a team and independently. You’ll manage general ground maintenance, safety inspections, river and sewer maintenance and routine repairs for council street furniture and car parks.
You’ll also be involved with assisting scheduled events across the district. There will be some out of hours work to assist with these events or an emergency weather response.
You will be reliable, have a positive attitude and a commitment to working safely.
Additionally, you will be flexible and have a proactive approach to work. The successful candidate must have a driving license.
Working as a Maintenance Operative in the Special Maintenance department at Winchester, you’ll join a close-knit team that is fully committed to providing great services to internal and external customers across the district.
Winchester is the ancient capital of England but we have our sights firmly on the future. We are proud to be the county town of Hampshire with its magnificent Cathedral, King Arthur’s round table and home to Winchester College.
Winchester City Council offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free park and ride during work hours
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
To apply for this Maintenance Operative role, please click the ‘Apply’ button at the top of this advert or, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to work in the Winchester district.