- Employer: Hightown Housing Association
- Reference: Newton Longville
- Published: Thu 09/03/2023, 13:06 PM
- Closing on: Wed 22/03/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: £11.67 per hour
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Newton Longville, Bucks
More InformationMore about this employer
Location - Litslade Farm, Newton Longville
At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and support people. In Newton Longville, near Bletchley, Milton Keynes we provide high-quality care and support to adults with learning and physical disabilities.
We are looking for some great new Support Workers to join our team who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference. We have a full time role available - 37.5 hours per week.
Who we are looking for
Experience of care and support work is preferred but it`s more important you have the right values and behaviours. Our values are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
We will give you all the training and support you need to do the role including a qualification in health and social care, if you don`t already have one.
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
About the Role
You`ll be empowering our service users to lead the life they want and you`ll support them to get involved with the community and maintain relationships with their friends and families. They enjoy visiting the local cinema, attending church and taking part in activities at the local leisure centre
You`ll join a strong, supportive team who are great communicators and able to engage with our residents who are mainly nonverbal or who have limited verbal communication skills. As part of the role you will be required to provide personal care and support with eating and drinking. You will also be required to write support plans and undertake risk assessments. It is a challenging but rewarding role where you can really be the difference to someone`s life.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact us on 01442 292277 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £22,758pa/£11.67 per hour for a 37.5 hour week
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are a Disability Confident Employer.