- Employer: Place
- Reference: PLBI0255
- Published: Thu 09/03/2023, 14:04 PM
- Closing on: Fri 28/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: Career Graded JG5 – JM3 £24,496 - £43,516 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset
More InformationMore about this employer
Building Inspector (Career Grade - Domestic to Specialist)
Starting salary: Career Graded JG5 – JM3 £24,496 - £43,516 per annum
Location: Based in the Town Hall, Weston-super-Mare
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 28 April 2023
Working in Building Control at North Somerset Council is a great place to balance a rewarding career with a quality home life. Located south of Bristol, it’s a scenic rural area with access to the coast and the Mendip Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Benefits include:
- support with obtaining a Building Safety Regulator licence
- generous leave with up to 33 off days per annum, plus up to 12 additional days off per annum under our flexitime scheme
- locally based work, within North Somerset, minimising time spent driving
- working primarily from home but with easy access to modern offices
- tax deductible electric vehicle lease scheme (via salary sacrifice)
- entry into the excellent local government pension scheme
- support from the national Local Authority Building Control network
This is an opportunity to continue your career with the option to work at an organisation that values the need to balance work and home life. We have a thriving business sector with Bristol Airport and several large towns including Portishead and Weston-super-Mare, which all provide opportunities to work on complex commercial schemes.
We are working hard to prepare for the new regulatory framework, and the additional responsibilities that the Building Safety Regulator will require. This includes ensuring that all staff are fully supported in their training and preparation for securing a licence, as well as having recently expanded our admin support team.
Working under the direction of two principal inspectors and the manager, it will be your job to undertake the assessment of building regulation applications to ensure works on site comply with prescribed technical standards and approved details. This career grade post is an excellent opportunity for both recently qualified and more experienced building control inspectors alike, who can demonstrate their competency to work unsupervised on domestic projects from the first day of employment. The starting salary will be dependent on your experience and proven competency (LABC Competency Matrix).
Apply now to join a group of likeminded, professionals who are dedicated to helping people and business thrive within quality developments.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Jason Beale (Building Control and Service Development Manager) on 01934 426011.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Friday 05 May 2023
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.