- Employer: Brighton & Hove City Council
- Reference: orbis/TP/489/31465
- Published: Fri 10/03/2023, 0:00 AM
- Closing on: Mon 27/03/2023, 0:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Part Time
- Hours: 26.5 hours
- Salary: £27,852 - £29,439 full time salary (pro rata term time and part time)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: St John the Baptist Catholic Primary School
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
HLTA TEACHING ASSISTANT (Level D)
St John the Baptist is a one form entry school with approximately 200 pupils on roll. We pride ourselves on our positive and inclusive, approach. We have a vacancy for permanent HLTA Teaching Assistant Level D.
Pay Scale HLTA Scale 6 £27,852–£29,439 pro rata – 26.5 hours per week and paid for 47.15 weeks per annum
Closing date: Midday, Monday 27 March 2023
Interview date: Thursday 30 March 2023
About the role
We are looking for candidates who meet Higher Level Teaching Assistant standards or equivalent qualification or experience and /or recent experience of working in a primary school or nursery school. The successful candidate will be fully committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of our school. They will also:
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about supporting children’s learning
- Have excellent numeracy and literacy skills to NVQ level 2 in English and Maths
- Have some experience of working with children with special needs
- Have excellent communication skills and a calm and positive approach to behaviour management
- Be keen to work with others as part of a team
- Have excellent time-management and organisational skills
We will offer you:
- Children who are genuinely a pleasure to teach, enjoy school and work hard.
- A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos.
- A strong, committed and collaborative staff team.
- Opportunities for training and further development.
St John the Baptist Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced criminal records bureau disclosure check.
Visits to the school are welcome, please telephone 01273 607924 or email email@example.com to make an appointment or to obtain an application pack.
Applicants must use the Catholic Education Service application form and also complete the Rehabilitation of Offenders and Equalities Monitoring forms
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address: Whitehawk Hill Road, Brighton, BN2 0AH, Joannelevy@stjohn.brighton-hove.sch.uk
For further information and an application pack please contact: Mrs Joanne Levy (School Business Manager) Telephone Number: 01273 607924 Joannelevy@stjohn.brighton-hove.sch.uk
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.