- Employer: The Bishops’ Blue Coat CE School
- Reference: SEC/23/232287
- Published: Fri 10/03/2023, 15:30 PM
- Closing on: Mon 10/04/2023, 9:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Term Time
- Hours: 23.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Salary: £20,000.00 - £24,999.00
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: The Bishops' Blue Coat CE High School, Vaughans Lane, Great Boughton, Chester, Cheshire
Chaplain to Bishops’ Blue Coat C of E High School and Incumbent of Dodleston and Higher Kinnerton
Part-time chaplain to Bishops’ Blue Coat CE High School
23.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
This is a great opportunity for a someone with a heart for working with young people and a calling to parish ministry.
We are seeking a motivated and creative priest to take on a full-time role consisting of two elements:
· Part-time chaplain to Bishop’s Blue Coat Church of England High School in Chester, supporting the school community in furthering the school’s distinctive Christian ethos;
· Incumbent of Dodleston and Higher Kinnerton, a small rural parish of 3,000 people on the border of England and Wales. The parish is of central tradition and a good modern rectory is provided.
The two posts are separate, with the chaplain employed by the school and the incumbency post on common tenure.
The chaplaincy post is 23.5 hours per week during school term time (39 weeks per year).
The parish post is Sunday duties plus an average of 2.5 days per week over the year. It is envisaged that the postholder will devote slightly less than this time to the parish during school term time and rather more than this during the school holidays.
The overall remuneration (£20.3K salary at the school and £6.8K stipend in the parish) is approximately that of a full parish stipend.
If you would be interested in joining us, then please download an application pack from both: bishopschester.co.uk/careers-vacancies and centreforchaplaincyineducation.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date: Monday 10th April 9am
Interviews scheduled: Tuesday 25th April (Bishops’) and Wednesday 26th April (Parish)
The Bishops’ High School is committed to all aspects of safeguarding
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.