- Employer: Little Ilford School
- Reference: Sec/23/232289
- Published: Fri 10/03/2023, 15:33 PM
- Closing on: Sun 16/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 32.5 hours per week
- Salary: Lead Practitioner Range 9-13
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Little Ilford School, Newham
REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2023
EXPERIENCED TEACHERS OF ALL SUBJECTS WELCOME
Little Ilford is an oversubscribed multicultural school with high expectations of its students and staff. It is an exciting place to work and develop, where creativity and innovation are nurtured.
This is a fantastic opportunity to begin or continue your leadership journey in a school with strong academic results. We are seeking a lead practitioner to join our committed team of specialist lead practitioners, playing a significant role in leading learning and teaching at Little Ilford School. You will be a motivated colleague who has a proven track record of raising attainment. You will be able to take a leadership role in developing, implementing and evaluating policies and practice in the workplace which contribute to school improvement. Your role will be instrumental in delivering the Little Ilford vision of highly engaging, interactive and challenging learning experiences for our students.
The successful applicant will be an outstanding practitioner who has the vision, energy and drive to build on existing strengths and raise standards of attainment and progress. You will be committed to meeting the needs of all learners by ensuring that teaching is of the highest quality. You will be able to work with a range of colleagues including middle leaders to drive and communicate a compelling teaching and learning vision for specific departments, and be able to demonstrate the strategic leadership skills to deliver significant improvements.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a committed, inspiring and ambitious leader
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner with a track record of raising attainment in both in their own classroom and with other colleagues across the school to improve outcomes for all students
- Have excellent subject and pedagogical knowledge
- Be resourceful and energetic; enjoy working strategically with others to share and develop best practice
- Be skilled in using data to inform decision-making and planning
- Provide high-quality professional development
- If not yet accredited, we will train you to gain full accreditation within two years
- Support and develop you to go beyond outstanding teaching
- Provide working partnership opportunities with other schools / departments
- Provide you with an ethos where all adults are learners who take risks in order that they achieve excellent results for our students.
We have extremely challenging targets for attainment and progress and the focus and determination to realise them.
To obtain further information, for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit, please contact Mehz Karim on 020 8928 3548 /email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will shortlist/interview as soon as we have a strong field.
Little Ilford School, Rectory Road, Manor Park, London E12 6JB
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.