- Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: People/23/232338
- Published: Tue 14/03/2023, 10:40 AM
- Closing on: Sun 14/05/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £40,478 - £42,503 plus £663 London Weighting and £963 Essential Car User Allowance
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Time Square, Bracknell , Berkshire
John is at home and in his local community with the right support at the right time in the right place. He lives a full life and is happy at home with the support provided.
In our Adult Social Care operational teams, we support our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track using a strength-based approach, keeping the person at the heart of everything we do.
It’s why our social workers have the time to get to know everyone they work with. Put simply, we work with people to change lives for the better.
We have a strong focus on integrated working with our partners to deliver holistic and seamless support when people need it.
We are proud of the care we give and the services we provide to local people…
Because we are Bracknell Forest
We currently have vacancies for experienced and motivated social workers across our Adult Social Care services in our Integrated Care Team and our Long Term Team
If you apply for one of our Adult Social Care vacancies, we can also talk with you about your suitability for one of our other posts, understanding your experiences and interest in a particular area.
What it’s like working in our team…
Our Adult Social Care service is composed of highly professional and supportive multidisciplinary teams. We have a “can do” and “no wrong door” ethos. Our social care teams work together as one service and go the extra mile to ensure our residents have the right support.
We work closely with health and other partners to ensure that people don’t go into hospital when they don’t need to, and if they do that they are there only if they need to be and can return home as quickly and safely as possible.
We have a range of intermediate care and discharge to assess services that focus on keeping people in their own homes.
We have regular multidisciplinary forums, meaning our residents can have easy access to health and social care services that talk to each other, to provide holistic support when needed.
We know there can be pressures working in Adult Social Care, so we make sure our staff are well supported. You will receive regular supervision and access to training. We have a strong focus on supporting our staff to learn, grow and develop to achieve their potential. We listen to our social care staff about the best way to deliver our services and encourage feedback and suggestions on how we can do things better together.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Manage a caseload, organising and prioritising the workload effectively, with regular supervision and guidance.
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, connecting people and their families to their community and social networks enabling them to live within their own communities,
- To work collaboratively with multidisciplinary colleagues to ensure people have the right care, at the right time in the right place.
- Where people need hospital care to ensure they have a timely discharge from hospital
- To take a strengths-based approach to support people to live the best life they can and reduce dependence on long term care
- To support in delivering and maintaining high standards of performance across the service
- To work within allocated resources as set out in our scheme of delegation
- To take an evidence-based approach to practice
- Take an active part in your own supervision and appraisal and to supervise and appraise allocated staff in accordance with the departmental supervision policy and council's appraisal policy
- Take responsibility for your own learning, including mandatory and recommended training,
- To lead on specific areas of work as required.
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for qualified social workers registered with Social Work England. You will have at least one year’s experience in statutory social services, usually in a local authority setting. You’ll need to demonstrate excellent knowledge of best practice and legislation. You will be motivated and have a professional and “can do” attitude.
Interviews will be held the week commencing 22nd May 2023
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Amy Gates, Operational Integration Mnanger; Amy.Gates@bracknell-forest.gov.uk, 01344 351479
Mel Fleming, Assistant Community Services Manager; Mel.Fleming@bracknell-forest.gov.uk 01344 351485
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience of working within the current Social Care System and Framework.
Social Work England registration fees can be claimed back from the Council.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.