- Employer: Public Sector Partnership Services
- Reference: PSPS/23/232375
- Published: Mon 13/03/2023, 11:14 AM
- Closing on: Sun 26/03/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: 25000-35000
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Lincolnshire
Building Control Surveyors (Career Graded)
Are you a recent Graduate with a passion for Building Control? OR do you have experience in Building Control and are looking for that next challenge? Do you seek more diversity in your day to day role and want to take your personal development and experience to the next level?
We are currently recruiting for Building Control Surveyor(s) to join our busy team at East Lindsey District Council. The roles are career graded to suit someone starting out in their career or someone ready for a career change or career development. You may already have professional experience and are seeking more responsibility. Whatever your ambition and drive we will have an opportunity for you.
We are keen to hear from you if you are already qualified, have some building control experience and are looking for that next level of accreditation or career development. Whatever your experience or your career ambitions we would welcome a discussion and an application from you.
We have opportunities for various grades;
The Graduate Surveyor - £25,878 to £30,151 (ELDC Grade 5)
This role would suit a university leaver or degree educated person looking for a career development opportunity and to gain experience working with like minded individuals in building control. We would expect you to be educated to a degree level or equivalent qualification and be willing to embark on further learning, which the Council would fund and support, with incremental progression opportunities through the salary grades as you develop in your role and gain experience.
The Building Control Surveyor - £30,151 to £34,723 (ELDC Grade 6)
This role would suit somebody with experience in the field of building control, either in the private sector or public sector, and seeking to develop and diversify their career with incremental progression through the salary grade. We would expect you to be educated to a degree level and willing to develop your experience through further qualifications if appropriate, which the Council would fund and support.
- You will play an active part in delivering Building Control services and supporting the wider objectives of encouraging economic growth and prosperity and driving standards in build quality.
- You will be a key member of the Building Control Service, contributing to income and performance targets and developing positive relationships with customers.
- You will be focused on customer care and developing positive relationships that drive market share.
- You will undertake a range of duties within the full spectrum of Building Control activities, fee earning and non-fee earning work, domestic commercial and industrial development of varying types and complexity, investigation and taking action in respect of dangerous structures (subject to experience) and discharging the full range of enforcement responsibilities when necessary.
- You will also provide professional advice and guidance to the public, Councillors and to other officers of the Council, and will contribute generally to the continued performance and improvement of the service.
- You will have the opportunity to work across a diverse and large geographical area on significant infrastructure projects being led by the Council
Boston Borough Council, East Lindsey District Council and South Holland District Council have formed the South & East Lincolnshire Councils Partnership. The largest Council Partnership in the country. Since October 2021, the Partnership Councils have been working closely to deliver improved services to the communities in the sub-region and already there have been many positive outcomes. These roles provide opportunities that come with working across a large and diverse geographical area.
Over time, it is envisaged that services will become more integrated across the three Councils in our South and East Lincolnshire Councils Partnership and you can be at the forefront and be involved in new and innovate areas of work across a varied geography.
East Lindsey is a thriving coastal economy and an area of outstanding natural beauty. The district has ambitious growth plans around housing, the economy and strategic infrastructure at its key market towns and coastal resorts. Housing prices are also attractive for those that wish to make their home in the area.
- 24 days leave increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Car mileage allowance
- Salary sacrifice car leasing scheme
- Relocation package
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent training opportunities
- Flexible and Agile Working Scheme
- Employee Assist (24 hours access to Counselling & Legal Advice Service)
Click "apply online" or for more information click on the job description in the "downloads" section.
If you are interested in having a confidential conversation about the role, please contact Clint Bell - Group Manager Building Control on email@example.com or tel: 07977 203321 or Christian Allen – Assistant Director Regulatory on Christian.firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 07970 012701.
The Council reserve the right to change the closing date, depending on application numbers. Interviews will be arranged when suitable candidates apply which may be prior to the closing date.