We support our people to be at their best. We’re helping our residents live happier lives.
We want all residents of Bracknell Forest to live their lives to the fullest. To support people to do so we rely on our sociare care staff to get toknow everyone they work with well, and to do what should be done, rather than just what needs to be done.
Collectively we focus on supporting people to manage their lives, putting them at the centre of decision making so that they have choice and control and live the healthiest life possible
Because we are Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
You will join a team supporting the People Directorate as we work to shape our approach to supporting front-line practitioners in delivering high quality care, and managers, to deliver outstanding practice.
The leaders and managers know that it is essential for social workers to have a secure physical and psychological base from which to be the best workers they can be.
The role of a PSW has never been more necessary than now. Together we are striving to continue to develop our practice and culture to ensure all adults receive a consistently good service and standard of work from a stable and permanent workforce.
The key function of this role is to make a difference to the quality of practice and outcomes for adults, with both a strategic influence and practical impact that enables an environment where good social work can flourish, and residents benefit.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To work alongside social workers and other practitioners to identify opportunities to improve social work delivery and to champion excellence in social work practice within the Council.
- To provide a strategic role bringing different strands of policy and practice development together.
- Develop effective forums for social workers and other social care practitioners, to feedback on services and suggest improvements to social care.
- Relate the views of social workers to all levels of management.
- Ensure that the views and experiences of service users, adult & children, and their families inform service planning and delivery.
- Play a key role in developing the practice and the practice methodology that underpins direct work with Adults.
- Play a fundamental role in supporting the Council with inspection readiness within the remit of the CQC Adults Assurance framework.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
What we're looking for...
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate outstanding social work practice, has highly developed communications skills and is able to turn insights they gain through listening into effective policy and practice guidance. The successful candidate will be equally comfortable supporting individual social workers and communicating complex messages to all levels of management.
Interviews will be held on 12th & 13th April 2023.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Melanie O’Rourke, Assistant Director for Adult Social Care
Tel.: 01344 351784
Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience of working within the current Social Care System and Framework.
Social Work England registration fees can be claimed back from the Council.
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.