- Employer: London Borough of Enfield
- Reference: PLA-000394
- Published: Tue 14/03/2023, 9:43 AM
- Closing on: Thu 06/04/2023, 10:43 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: Competitive
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Enfield
Principal Planning Policy Officer
This is an exciting time for London Borough of Enfield. The Council is planning for unprecedented growth and development, but a key corporate and political priority is to ensure that growth is appropriately located and managed. In the preparation of the statutory local plan and other planning documents, the plan making team plays an important role in securing good growth for the borough.
The ideal candidates will have extensive experience related to the production of development plans and associated strategies and guidance, including monitoring and review, and be able to provide advice and support to senior officers and Members of the Council with particular regard to planning policy, strategy and growth.
You will be ambitious for new opportunities and want to work as part of dynamic and friendly team to help meet the Council’s ambitions. This role is key for the delivery of the Council’s strategic corporate priorities. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference for our residents.
Relevant planning (or equivalent) qualifications and eligibility for membership of the RTPI are required.
Investing in people is important to us, so we offer dedicated training and career development.
If you’re looking for an exciting challenge in a flexible, modern and accommodating working culture, come and join us on our journey.
The plan making team is part of the wider Planning service and Strategic Planning and Design function, a multi-disciplinary division dealing with development planning, built and natural heritage, place-making, infrastructure and S106 and CIL. We work in a modern office environment in the heart of Enfield Town.
- Anticipated interview date: week commencing 17 April (or sooner subject to availability)
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact May Hope on 020 8132 2466 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Natalya Palit on 020 8078 2842 (email@example.com) for an informal discussion.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents. Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria, as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification which is available on the job advert, that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application/CV.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.
Place - https://www.enfield.gov.uk/services/jobs-and-careers/place#welcome
Meridian Water | A major 20 year regeneration programme led by Enfield Council. Bringing 10,000 homes & 6,000 jobs to Enfield, next to the beautiful Lee Valley Regional Park
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.