Are you looking to join a team who are passionate about supporting early years children, their families and early years educators?
Here at the Child Development Centre we offer inclusive services to meet the needs of children and their families to develop and reach their potential.
Help us, help them to start and enhance their learning, development and education journey.
The Early Years team is dedicated to supporting children and families to live happier lives by giving them better opportunities. We embrace multi-disciplinary working and offer targeted support to give children the best start in life.
We are looking for someone with SEND Early years experience who will share our commitment to making a difference.
Put simply, a career with us means having everything you need to build on your existing skills.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
We are a small supportive team where everyone’s opinion counts. We work together to create the best service for our families. Every day is different.
What our families say about us...
"Fantastic speaking with you earlier, I feel so relieved we have finally found help!".
"Just want to thank you for the 12 weeks sessions that you have supported B. I feel that both B and myself are in a better place to deal with the next steps of what's to come."
"Thank you for all your help with S since I have met you I feel supported and confident in S’s progress and that everything is going to be ok."
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To work within the CDC delivering a range of services and interventions to children, families and early years practitioners to support the development of children (aged 0-5 years) with SEND, some of whom may have complex needs and possibly life-limiting diagnoses.
- Manage a caseload of early years settings, children and families, adjusting support in accordance with child and family need. Arranging and/or facilitating Team around the Child (TaC) meetings, undertaking and or supporting requests for Inclusion Funding and/or Education, Health and Care needs assessments (EHCPs) and signposting/referring to other services as appropriate.
- Offer specialist advice and knowledge to early years providers (face to face, telephone and email support) and work alongside setting staff modelling effective strategies to aid smooth transition and ongoing effective inclusion of children with additional needs and that legislative requirements in relation to SEN are understood and implemented effectively.
The benefits you will experience are…
- A rewarding role delivering effective early intervention to support children ‘Get the best start in life’.
- Regular opportunities for professional development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
Forward thinking individiuals determined to make a difference, promote inclusion whilst being respectful, adaptable and resilient. You will have substantial experience of working with children aged 0-5 with SEND and knowledge of interventions and strategies to support their development. You will work in partnership with parents and other professionals across a variety of organisations.
We have one full-time vacancy for 37 hours per week and a part-time one for 22.2 hours per week.
Interviews will be held on the 19th April 2023 and 21st April 2023.
Please be advised that Bracknell Forest Council reserves its right to withdraw this vacancy at any stage of the recruitment process if circumstances change.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Donna Campbell
Job Title: Early Years SEND and Inclusion Manager
Phone Number: 01344 354176
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.